The state of our pitch?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This makes perfect sense

We went from one season straight into another

As others have said hopefully it works in our favour accidentally

Might work that way in general but might not do this weekend, Swansea's pitch was in a worse state than ours so they will be accustomed to it.

Seems they did something about theirs as recently as Christmas though so if you want to invest in it, quick improvements can seemingly be made - looked to have worked well when they faced Man City yesterday.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/first-images-swansea-citys-brand-19527856

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

There were people on Twitter saying the under soil heating is broken and we’re not repairing it, but they also said we can’t afford to use the lights which, as pointed out, is untrue.

yeah someone tried that one with me on Twitter

"chansiri won't turn the heat lamps on. Costcutting"

So I just tweeted out from the Owlstalk twitter asking "is this true?"

Immediately I had fan after fan tweeting me that they'd seen the lamps on last night, or that they'd seen them on as they walk past the ground at night, or that they'd spotted the lights on from Walkley the other night

Id love to know why people just make stuff up like that bloke did who said they weren't on because of cost cutting

If it wasnt him just outright lying he must have heard it from someone who lied, or they'd heard it from someone who just totally made it up and lied

Shame we can't trace stuff like that back so we can ask the liars why they lied

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

yeah someone tried that one with me on Twitter

"chansiri won't turn the heat lamps on. Costcutting"

So I just tweeted out from the Owlstalk twitter asking "is this true?"

Immediately I had fan after fan tweeting me that they'd seen the lamps on last night, or that they'd seen them on as they walk past the ground at night, or that they'd spotted the lights on from Walkley the other night

Id love to know why people just make stuff up like that bloke did who said they weren't on because of cost cutting

If it wasnt him just outright lying he must have heard it from someone who lied, or they'd heard it from someone who just totally made it up and lied

Shame we can't trace stuff like that back so we can ask the liars why they lied

Im near the wadsley jack and can see the ground from my back garden and can confirm the orange glow from the lamps is there most nights 

I also posted in another thread that I’d been told that there was an issue with the underground heating and drainage this season but wasn’t sure if it was a maintenance issue 

I was also told and posted on here that warnock had asked for the game to be called off when they came 

I was told this by someone who’s best mate works for the club and is in the ground every home game

I have no reason to believe that they would lie for the sake of it or to look for social media gratification they’re both far to old for that 

4 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Im near the wadsley jack and can see the ground from my back garden and can confirm the orange glow from the lamps is there most nights 

I also posted in another thread that I’d been told that there was an issue with the underground heating and drainage this season but wasn’t sure if it was a maintenance issue 

I was also told and posted on here that warnock had asked for the game to be called off when they came 

I was told this by someone who’s best mate works for the club and is in the ground every home game

I have no reason to believe that they would lie for the sake of it or to look for social media gratification they’re both far to old for that 

Yeah the underground heating one I've heard from a few sources now too - no reason to think that's a lie or made up as I just don't know

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Knowing old Colin it will probably have been when we was 2-0 up. 

I’ve got Barnsley v Chelsea on the TV now and Barnsley’s pitch looks battered. As has been posted by others most Championship pitches look hammered. I assumed it was the number of games after the short summer but then Bournemouth’s looked mint the other week so maybe it’s a money thing?

Ours is quite bad but it it’s not the worst by any means. Poor old Brum’s pitch is a shocker! Gets played on every week so it’s got no chance!

BTW. When did Barnsley become Brazil? They are looking great against Chelsea! Recon some Prem team will be sniffing around their manager before to long!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Recon some Prem team will be sniffing around their manager before to long!

Or maybe another local team, what with him coaching players bought for him 🤔