The state of our pitch?

7 minutes ago, Quist said:

The team had a few players looking tired.

t would not surprise me that undersoil heating was conveniently broken to let chaps recover properly. 

Anyone who watched us recently can not failed to have noticed one or two key players being less effective than usual. We have won through form of others coming to party. Against team like Swansea want all the good players functioning. 

With us having game on Tuesday could not put game back 24 hours.

I highly highly doubt that. That would be very poor if so.

regards pitches the weather since september has been appalling ,just taking the dog for a walk involves walking through thick mud and puddles ,the only benefit of this freezing weather as its now frozen mud , its been almost impossible to get a good pitch in these conditions. god knows what our pitch would be like if we had the old drainage system/pitch , i doubt any games would have took place since september 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

regards pitches the weather since september has been appalling ,just taking the dog for a walk involves walking through thick mud and puddles ,the only benefit of this freezing weather as its now frozen mud , its been almost impossible to get a good pitch in these conditions. god knows what our pitch would be like if we had the old drainage system/pitch , i doubt any games would have took place since september 

Funny how those in the same city with the same type of pitch same weather conditions etc have managed to maintain it to a high standard. It's clear we haven't invested in the maintenance of the ground and wouldn't be surprised if this includes the pitch 

• Like 1

Just now, TheGaffer said:

Funny how those in the same city with the same type of pitch same weather conditions etc have managed to maintain it to a high standard. It's clear we haven't invested in the maintenance of the ground and wouldn't be surprised if this includes the pitch 

we aint invested in anything for a long time but dont take away from that its been like a swamp everywhere since september and coldest winter for a few years . 

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The lamps have 100% been used on it

People have reported seeing them on every night as they've passed the ground or seen the ground from walkley at night

A few times i've been caught out wondering what the light in the sky was the odd occasion I would walk to the tesco on Dykes Hall.   Very eerie site because it doesn't look like it's emanating from the ground, a little bit like what I think a nuclear winter would look like in the sky just after the initial fall out.    Then I remember it's just the lights at the ground and i'm all "meh" nowt exciting afterall.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You can say that again

And they never have any pan au chocolat left in the late afternoons

They don't have their own bakery so it's all rubbish in the bread area.    The one at Infirmary road is much fresher as they do their own baking.

Not sure if the current refit is giving them a bakery area but I doubt it.

The pitch looked sodden the other night and it snowed pretty heavily during and after the game. Maybe the ref having looked at the pitch and taking all this into account decided that if they turned the heating on the playing surface would be unplayable. Its his decision after all not the clubs. Anybody know how many hours before kick off do they turn the heating on?

3 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

They don't have their own bakery so it's all rubbish in the bread area.    The one at Infirmary road is much fresher as they do their own baking.

Not sure if the current refit is giving them a bakery area but I doubt it.

yeah true

just frustrating

lol

Owlstalk Shop

On 12/02/2021 at 14:41, shandypants said:

Why aren't they caked in mud? A bit of photoshopping there me thinks.   

You can kinda tell by the position of the players too, they are all reacting to a ball, but seemingly a different one for each player. 🤣

Edited by Daizan10