Update from SWFC Trust sheds light on secrecy of fan meetings

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Well for starters the club is currently holding millions of pounds of our fans money that they've requested a refund on nearly a year ago and the club isn't even paying our own players on time so just a thought but the fans waiting for refunds might just be getting a little worried

Return of money for season tickets is a valid concern but surely that's a legal issue or trading standards issue to do with a contract around supply of services.

It's not the same thing as wanting to be in the know about why there's no manager or complain about the stripes on the shirt being the wrong width.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pieman said:

Wow. That really is poor. So....let’s have fan engagement....but on the most controlled and limited terms. The phrase, shooting yourself in the foot, has never been more apt.

That said, I never agree with walking away from the table, that makes even less sense. Fans need to stay at the table and continue to expose this folly, while building credibility and support. Articulate and constructive letters like the OP will build fan momentum and the pressure on the club to stop this ridiculous approach.

He is a dictator !!!!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim said:

Looks like history is repeating itself yet again at S6. Replace DA with DC and Wednesdayite with the Trust. Another relegation to League 1 is on the cards. All that remains is to see who replaces Ken Bates as the Trust get into bed with someone who can help launch a takeover bid for the club? What a F***ing Mess!

My thoughts were similar the other day. I was thinking about the fear to mention Paxo’s name. Free speech is being impeded. This is not acceptable to me.

The Trust offers transparency, professionalism, calmness and delicacy and have a real love for Wednesday.

The club under Chansiri offers outbursts, secrecy, unprofessionalism and incompetence from someone who has never heard of us before.

But, we definitely don't want fans having a say in how Wednesday are run....

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, heppers said:

My thoughts were similar the other day. I was thinking about the fear to mention Paxo’s name. Free speech is being impeded. This is not acceptable to me.

Paxo !!!!  Paxo !!!! Paxo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No fear !!

And we should be able to call him out without fear on here too. The threat of legal action for merely speaking his name shouldn't stop free speech. Jesus wept, The so called phooking " elites "  think they are above the law.

The clubs been destroyed whilst under his " Advisory " period.  And it was that way pre covid, so that's no excuse.There's not a single court in the land would argue against that.

• Love 2

Guest Grandad
6 hours ago, Dot said:

I knew it

told ya lol

Dean and Nigel will be on with you soon

Already there

It's me that's grooming Neil

Guest Grandad

Launched to a great fanfare the new Supporter Engagement Strategy was announced 2 weeks ago

Last week it held its first Zoom

This week we find out;

16 people can attend, and all must put forward their items for agenda prior to the meeting

The club will choose 3 items for discussion

Once discussed that item is not allowed to be discussed again

The meeting will be recorded by the club and not available to any other participant

Only club approved statements can be made by any attendee (presumably anybody going against this can be removed from the group)

I'm amazed anybody would continue to be involved in that process

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Launched to a great fanfare the new Supporter Engagement Strategy was announced 2 weeks ago

This week we find out;

16 people can attend, and all must put forward their items for agenda prior to the meeting

The meeting will be recorded by the club and not available to any other participant

Only club approved statements can be made by any attendee (presumably anybody going against this can be removed from the group)

Well I chair many meetings and if these were pre-conditions of the meeting, they would not happen.  It's dictatorial and highly unethical. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Paxo !!!!  Paxo !!!! Paxo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No fear !!

And we should be able to call him out without fear on here too. The threat of legal action for merely speaking his name shouldn't stop free speech. Jesus wept, The so called phooking " elites "  think they are above the law.

The clubs been destroyed whilst under his " Advisory " period.  And it was that way pre covid, so that's no excuse.There's not a single court in the land would argue against that.

Bang on mate. 

This bloke must be questioned. 

9 hours ago, Dot said:

Maybe this is something that the trust want to clarify then?

I read it that they are concerned that 6 members of the group were selected by the club, but the club did ask for representatives from other organisations to come forward?

maybe the trust can clarify their concern that they are not in full control of who is on the "panel"

Our concern is with the process of selection to the panel. We do not know the criteria by which people were/were not selected. We also know of people who applied (both Trust members and not) who had no response. We worry therefore that the process was both rushed and possibly unrepresentative.

Who other fans organisations chose as their representatives is none of our business. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Our concern is with the process of selection to the panel. We do not know the criteria by which people were/were not selected. We also know of people who applied (both Trust members and not) who had no response. We worry therefore that the process was both rushed and possibly unrepresentative.

Who other fans organisations chose as their representatives is none of our business. 

Until DC moves on or has a change of heart/approach to fan or any other engagement, I suspect your efforts will be wasted.

Unfortunately we have an owner who by his own admission knows very little about football and certainly nothing about the local cultural, but yet wants to plough his own furrow in all matters, and has been successful in almost non, which for a business is quite a remarkable achievement.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

With every piece of news that comes out like this, I become more convinced that the only way forward will be a phoenix club.  It's absurd, but that's where we find ourselves.

You couldn't make it up. 

EOZI0wyXkAApsgZ.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

This week we find out;

Trevor Braithwait must be proud of that.

Although this fella comes to mind

bagdad-bob.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
48 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Additionally - if there are someclub stooges on the panel (and there has been ever since the club did stuff like this) - whats to stop the club selecting their 3 questions every time they meet.

You should withdraw from this and encourage others to do the same. Don't lend it credibility - or you are just lengthening the process to its inevitable end

Edited by Grandad

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

This week we find out;

Absolutely this, BUT it has been a worthwhile process to uncover the way this is being manipulated.

Best thing they can do now is take this to the local media and withdraw from the process entirely 

31 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Trevor Braithwait must be proud of that.

Although this fella comes to mind

bagdad-bob.jpg

People still working for the club under him are surely looking for other positions at other companies, surely they can’t be happy