Update from SWFC Trust sheds light on secrecy of fan meetings

1 minute ago, Dot said:

How does that undermine independence? are you suggesting that you should choose who is a representative? Are you suggesting that other members not chosen by you are not independent but just dont want to be part of your "trust"?

The club asked for applications for the panel and it was set out that they wanted a representative from certain sections of supporters, eg age, gender etc..of course many people who applied are not going to be selected. why should this trust "appoint" the representatives? There are more Wednesday fans that are not members of the "trust" than are.

I've said it before, you are going exactly the same way as previously supporter groups are and not learning any of the lessons that doomed the others to failures.

I recall previous "engagement" with supporters and I've still got the minutes from some of these meetings, one "fan group" representative constantly referred to people who use the internet as "anoraks" and declared that " e-mail is passing fad".

You cant just have people who are members of your group as members in engagement, there has to be others too.

The Trust are in full agreement with all of that

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Dot said:

How does that undermine independence? are you suggesting that you should choose who is a representative? Are you suggesting that other members not chosen by you are not independent but just dont want to be part of your "trust"?

The club asked for applications for the panel and it was set out that they wanted a representative from certain sections of supporters, eg age, gender etc..of course many people who applied are not going to be selected. why should this trust "appoint" the representatives? There are more Wednesday fans that are not members of the "trust" than are.

I've said it before, you are going exactly the same way as previously supporter groups are and not learning any of the lessons that doomed the others to failures.

I recall previous "engagement" with supporters and I've still got the minutes from some of these meetings, one "fan group" representative constantly referred to people who use the internet as "anoraks" and declared that " e-mail is passing fad".

You cant just have people who are members of your group as members in engagement, there has to be others too.

From what I’ve seen they’ve only asked for there to be a democratic process to determine who represents each selected group. Nothing to do with the Trust specifically selecting people.

By the sounds the club has handpicked people from certain groups which is wrong. 

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The Trust are in full agreement with all of that

So why are they whinging that some members have been appointed by the club after asking for representation from other supporters?

and whinging that some members haven't been selected, I'd guess that around 40-50 people responded, they cant all be on the panel

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

From what I’ve seen they’ve only asked for there to be a democratic process to determine who represents each selected group. Nothing to do with the Trust specifically selecting people.

By the sounds the club has handpicked people from certain groups which is wrong. 

Aye its a great priority at the moment organisational wise

lets run a  ballot to see who out of the 3 or 4 people from each group gets a place

1 minute ago, Dot said:

lets run a  ballot to see who out of the 3 or 4 people from each group gets a place

To be fair out of the whole trust update that's the absolute least important bit to choose to dissect

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Why do we need to know what's going on in the club? It's a privately run business.

If it were a well run business and was successful and seemed to be heading in the right direction, no one would care about fans groups meeting or not meeting.

It's a pointless sideshow. (I think the fans involved are sincere and well meaning but on a hiding to nothing)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dot said:

The other issues are what info is released and only being able to discuss a topic once ever. That second one is like nothing I’ve ever heard of. Fob us off once and then that’s job done. 

This bloke owes me a thousand pounds for this season and last - am I only allowed to mention it once? 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair out of the whole trust update that's the absolute least important bit to choose to dissect

lol

to be fair it was someone elses point not mine

I remember in the early days of owlstalk, the club asked for us to put forward some representatives and there was only two of us put our names forward...me and you

Just now, Rev Owl said:

Why do we need to know what's going on in the club? It's a privately run business.

Well for starters the club is currently holding millions of pounds of our fans money that they've requested a refund on nearly a year ago and the club isn't even paying our own players on time so just a thought but the fans waiting for refunds might just be getting a little worried

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

If it were a well run business and was successful and seemed to be heading in the right direction, no one would care about fans groups meeting or not meeting.

It's a pointless sideshow. (I think the fans involved are sincere and well meaning but on a hiding to nothing)

In which case give us all our cash back and don’t play on our loyalty. 

Just now, Dot said:

to be fair it was someone elses point not mine

I remember in the early days of owlstalk, the club asked for us to put forward some representatives and there was only two of us put our names forward...me and you

lol

Happy days

What a time to be alive that was 🤣

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Rev Owl said:

I wouldn’t be so sure!

If you gave them the opportunity I reckon you could easily find a few hundred Man City fans that would sit in a room and complain to their owner.

Its all relative. The issues might not be the same, but they’ll always be issues people want answers for. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

lol

Happy days

What a time to be alive that was 🤣

I really still have the minutes from those meetings

I might scan them over the weekend and upload them, the questions the supporter groups ask are inane

Which is why they have minimal membership.

the arrogance though from this trust, that the club might choose someone as well when asked for volunteers.

nothing has changed in that respect

1 minute ago, Dot said:

I might scan them over the weekend and upload them, the questions the supporter groups ask are inane

the arrogance though from this trust, that the club might choose someone as well when asked for volunteers.

Like I say - that part is about 0.0000005% of the stuff we should be concerned about

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Like I say - that part is about 0.0000005% of the stuff we should be concerned about

Obviously they have got in your head

just like the owlstrust did, I reckon you'll be on the board soon, you ******** anorak lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

You’ve answered your own question there in some respects.

I think the fear will be, like has happened at other fans forums, momentum starts to build on an important issue then someone puts their hand up asks why the Bovril is always lukewarm on the Kop. 

If the club is picking 5-6 people that frustrate the process then that’s a concern. 

Just now, NeonLeon said:

I think the fear will be, like has happened at other fans forums, momentum starts to build on an important issue then someone puts their hand up asks why the Bovril is always lukewarm on the Kop. 

If the club is picking 5-6 people that frustrate the process then that’s a concern. 

Oh how I miss the days of sitting in a dark stuffy room listening to people asking why the toilet seat was broken in the North Stand in the last game

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

If they are picking people to frustrate the process then that is a concern, totally agree. I haven't seen that suggested. the only suggestion that I have seen is that the new trust want to pick everyone.