Update from SWFC Trust sheds light on secrecy of fan meetings

Just now, Dot said:

If they are picking people to frustrate the process then that is a concern, totally agree. I haven't seen that suggested. the only suggestion that I have seen is that the new trust want to pick everyone.

Obviously I’m speculating. But the fact the Trust clearly have issues after only the first meeting in regards to the 6 selected would make it fair to assume something doesn’t quite add up. 

They want a process to pick everyone. Probably because they, and other groups used a process to pick their representative. 

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

Obviously I’m speculating. But the fact the Trust clearly have issues after only the first meeting in regards to the 6 selected would make it fair to assume something doesn’t quite add up. 

They want a process to pick everyone. Probably because they, and other groups used a process to pick their representative. 

Maybe this is something that the trust want to clarify then?

I read it that they are concerned that 6 members of the group were selected by the club, but the club did ask for representatives from other organisations to come forward?

maybe the trust can clarify their concern that they are not in full control of who is on the "panel"

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

soon?

They've been with us since day one

It was our idea

This is going to be even bigger than when the Owls Trust had that little cupboard in the ticket office

Some of the others would be on soon, but they've not worked out how to use emails yet

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dot said:

Maybe this is something that the trust want to clarify then?

I read it that they are concerned that 6 members of the group were selected by the club, but the club did ask for representatives from other organisations to come forward?

maybe the trust can clarify their concern that they are not in full control of who is on the "panel"

They don't need to

You're literally the only human being on planet earth that's read/understood it the way you have

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

They don't need to

You're literally the only human being on planet earth that's read/understood it the way you have

lol

"There are currently sixteen participants on the fans element of the panel and six have been chosen by the club, which undermines independence."

Why would the club asking for people to email in from certain age groups and organisations undermine independence? surely asking for 16 people from the trust to form the group would undermine independence. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dot said:

"There are currently sixteen participants on the fans element of the panel and six have been chosen by the club, which undermines independence."

Why would the club asking for people to email in from certain age groups and organisations undermine independence? surely asking for 16 people from the trust to form the group would undermine independence. 

Nobody (And definitely not the trust) have asked for the trust to pick everyone

Anyway - it's the least important part of the Trust update 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Nobody (And definitely not the trust) have asked for the trust to pick everyone

Anyway - it's the least important part of the Trust update 

Its the one thats provoked most debate though 😉

2 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

It would seem from the OP that engaging with the fans is complete once the headline is written. 

This is no way to run an engagement forum. It is censored, secretive, and in no way actually delivers any actual engagement. 

It’s a gimmick. 

They always are - without exception - and always have been

I know from first hand experience of sitting through them, seeing nothing happen ever afterwards, and seeing them dropped and then started again as something 'new' by every chairman (apart from Lee Strafford that is who is the only chairman that's ever given a foooook about our fans)

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Remember that time Dave Allen had an engagement event in that room under the south stand, about 12 of us attended. 8 Were from Owlstalk it was when he spoke about Ndumbu-Nsungu and what a talent he was going to be.

Imagine that on Zoom

1 minute ago, Dot said:

Remember that time Dave Allen had an engagement event in that room under the south stand, about 12 of us attended. 8 Were from Owlstalk it was when he spoke about Ndumbu-Nsungu and what a talent he was going to be.

Imagine that on Zoom

lol

I remember the photo with Nsugu and a certain radio presenter that we're not allowed tp publish

The day after that photo was taken and put on here Nsungu never played for us again

And yet the poor kid had no idea what he was even doing

Player of the year too

lol

Owlstalk Shop