Update from SWFC Trust sheds light on secrecy of fan meetings

Guest Grandad

That's truly damning of the process

And not in the least bit surprising. Nobody involved in that process should lend it credibility by remaining

Wow. That really is poor. So....let’s have fan engagement....but on the most controlled and limited terms. The phrase, shooting yourself in the foot, has never been more apt.

That said, I never agree with walking away from the table, that makes even less sense. Fans need to stay at the table and continue to expose this folly, while building credibility and support. Articulate and constructive letters like the OP will build fan momentum and the pressure on the club to stop this ridiculous approach.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Wow. That really is poor. So....let’s have fan engagement....but on the most controlled and limited terms. The phrase, shooting yourself in the foot, has never been more apt.

That said, I never agree with walking away from the table, that makes even less sense. Fans need to stay at the table and continue to expose this folly, while building credibility and support. Articulate and constructive letters like the OP will build fan momentum and the pressure on the club to stop this ridiculous approach.

Chansiri can easily ride that one out 

A public walking away by all fans groups would be more difficult to deal with and they'd have to make concessions and come around

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

That's insane. It's actually just akin to just surrounding yourself with yes men and loaded questions. 

Ive actually got some sympathy for the trust here. 

This is now getting extremely sinister. 

Signing a letter to the press as to why you're not participating WTF? 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

Looks like history is repeating itself yet again at S6. Replace DA with DC and Wednesdayite with the Trust. Another relegation to League 1 is on the cards. All that remains is to see who replaces Ken Bates as the Trust get into bed with someone who can help launch a takeover bid for the club? What a F***ing Mess!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's not surprising is it - just another example of a failing authoritarian approach to managing a community-based football club.

We should stick to his whiskey-fueled rantings through OS every six months for a catch up on all things in Chansari-world. 

• Like 1

The statement of intent on better communication was received well by most at the time but once I read that the club will decide what comes out it destroyed it completely..... An attachment to quell unrest but once again delivers NOTHING! 

Calls us negative and tells us nothing but then comes out with things it's hard to believe ...... Chansiri is getting more like Trump except you couldn't shut that clown up!

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri can easily ride that one out 

A public walking away by all fans groups would be more difficult to deal with and they'd have to make concessions and come around

I don’t agree mate. People just become entrenched and stop seeing the other sides perspective. I could give you many examples; however, you would move my post to the politics thread 😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I don’t agree mate. People just become entrenched and stop seeing the other sides perspective. I could give you many examples; however, you would move my post to the politics thread 😀

Do you think Chansiri ever sees the other sides perspective?
Do you genuinely believe he cares about anyone elses perspective?

• Like 8

Owlstalk Shop