Thoughts on the whole situation

We are in a particularly perilous position as we stand.   There are some fundamental questions that will never be answered and the running of the club feels very much like we are being lined up for League 1, which I find odd because the value would drop immensely.   MR C feels like he has no obligation to the supporters it is his club to run as he wishes no matter if he thinks the supporters forums satisfy everyone.   He forgets that we will, no matter what happens, be here for ever.   This is our club.  So thoughts

1)  Where is the business plan,  risk assumptions etc and who is actually running the business.   It frankly has been very amateur since day 1 of Mr C.  You do have to wonder how his other businesses run.

2) Why does it take Mr C so long to appoint any manager.  That shows a lack of planning and forethought.  Always on the back foot.

3)  What hold does this so called agent have over Mr C.   Where did he come from and why is it that Mr C cannot see that this is detrimental to how a business runs.   The so called advisor does not have the best interests of the club to hand its just a matter of lining their and their clients pockets.

4)  where is the structure in the club,  You need to trust your departmental heads to know their areas and run the business or is it a case of bad recruitment.

5)  Is there a point where Mr C and family will cut their losses and we enter administration.   Honestly if that is the case do it now.   lets take the 12 points this year get relegated and start afresh in league 1.

6)  Player recruitment is a joke.   How can we recruit players without a perm manager.   The new manager of we ever get one is foisted with players that may not fit a style and if I'm honest for what ever reason the players have been found out this year and this is the culmination of 2 years or so poor recruitment.  

7)  I'm sure a number of us who run businesses, and we could separate out blue and whiteness, could go in and do a rank and file review and alter the business model to make it more effective.  I know that I could.  You don't need to be associated with football.  It is a bushiness thats it.

That is it really.   I have lots more questions but Mr C won't listen to our advice, constructive criticism . we just want the best for our club. 

• Like 2

It does make you wonder what DC is thinking. I’ve said it elsewhere ages ago - I could never work out what he has been trying to do. It’s like me, Sheffield born and bred, winning the lottery and buying a 2nd division ice hockey team (a sport I know nothing about), in Canada (a country I have no connection with) and driving the club into the ground, spending millions along the way. Where’s the logic ?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Guest mrbluesky
13 minutes ago, peggyowl said:

We are in a particularly perilous position as we stand.   There are some fundamental questions that will never be answered and the running of the club feels very much like we are being lined up for League 1, which I find odd because the value would drop immensely.   MR C feels like he has no obligation to the supporters it is his club to run as he wishes no matter if he thinks the supporters forums satisfy everyone.   He forgets that we will, no matter what happens, be here for ever.   This is our club.  So thoughts

1)  Where is the business plan,  risk assumptions etc and who is actually running the business.   It frankly has been very amateur since day 1 of Mr C.  You do have to wonder how his other businesses run.

2) Why does it take Mr C so long to appoint any manager.  That shows a lack of planning and forethought.  Always on the back foot.

3)  What hold does this so called agent have over Mr C.   Where did he come from and why is it that Mr C cannot see that this is detrimental to how a business runs.   The so called advisor does not have the best interests of the club to hand its just a matter of lining their and their clients pockets.

4)  where is the structure in the club,  You need to trust your departmental heads to know their areas and run the business or is it a case of bad recruitment.

5)  Is there a point where Mr C and family will cut their losses and we enter administration.   Honestly if that is the case do it now.   lets take the 12 points this year get relegated and start afresh in league 1.

6)  Player recruitment is a joke.   How can we recruit players without a perm manager.   The new manager of we ever get one is foisted with players that may not fit a style and if I'm honest for what ever reason the players have been found out this year and this is the culmination of 2 years or so poor recruitment.  

7)  I'm sure a number of us who run businesses, and we could separate out blue and whiteness, could go in and do a rank and file review and alter the business model to make it more effective.  I know that I could.  You don't need to be associated with football.  It is a bushiness thats it.

That is it really.   I have lots more questions but Mr C won't listen to our advice, constructive criticism . we just want the best for our club. 

@vulva Another one for you here lol

I always thought we could sit back and the sole owner would strive to ensure the successful of the football team would be his sole goal, as his RoI was intrinsically linked.

It appears the whole finically model goes a lot deeper than that and L1 revenue isn't a major indicator or issue for him. I don't think he cares much for the product on the pitch for his 'customers' - he stikes me as not really understanding the game anyhow.

2 minutes ago, doubleo said:

It does make you wonder what DC is thinking. I’ve said it elsewhere ages ago - I could never work out what he has been trying to do. It’s like me, Sheffield born and bred, winning the lottery and buying a 2nd division ice hockey team (a sport I know nothing about), in Canada (a country I have no connection with) and driving the club into the ground, spending millions along the way. Where’s the logic ?

I think you would probably realise that you knew nothing about Ice Hockey in 2nd division Canada and get in experienced people who did to run it for you day to day.

• Like 1

Just now, Animis said:

I always thought we could sit back and the sole owner would strive to ensure the successful of the football team would be his sole goal, as his RoI was intrinsically linked.

It appears the whole finically model goes a lot deeper than that and L1 revenue isn't a major indicator or issue for him. I don't think he cares much for the product on the pitch for his 'customers' - he stikes me as not really understanding the game anyhow.

I get the impression he resents to stick he is getting and it has made even more stubborn to do it his way even though the hole he is digging is getting deeper and deeper.
Think he is genuinely surprised that after all the money he has spent that the fans don't love him without question.

• Like 2

Compare and contrast DCs philosophy to that of Richard Branson and you get most of the answers to your questions 

“One of the smartest things leaders can do, according to Branson, is hire for their weaknesses. He says this is especially true in the beginning, when you need “a healthy level of delegation” for business growth.

So, when searching for great hires, look for people who can fill your skills gap. Think about areas where the company can improve, and recruit talent with the capability to make improvements on those potential problem areas.

When asked how he manages to lead so many diverse businesses to success, Branson says: “I surround myself with people who have knowledge and talents in areas where I might not be so well versed.”

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Compare and contrast DCs philosophy to that of Richard Branson and you get most of the answers to your questions 

“One of the smartest things leaders can do, according to Branson, is hire for their weaknesses. He says this is especially true in the beginning, when you need “a healthy level of delegation” for business growth.

So, when searching for great hires, look for people who can fill your skills gap. Think about areas where the company can improve, and recruit talent with the capability to make improvements on those potential problem areas.

When asked how he manages to lead so many diverse businesses to success, Branson says: “I surround myself with people who have knowledge and talents in areas where I might not be so well versed.”

I wonder if he would like to buy a football club without a manager that doesn’t, own it’s own stadium.

(next to bottom of its league, most of its players at the end of contract and very little current income).

• Haha 2

I actually think there are people/ organisations out there that would be willing to buy Wednesday...BUT.....chansiri won’t make it known he wants out and his stubbornness will put potential buyers off starting negotiations......if chansiri wants fan to like him ..he needs to admit it hasn’t worked out as he wished and sell up ......

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

I actually think there are people/ organisations out there that would be willing to buy Wednesday...BUT.....chansiri won’t make it known he wants out and his stubbornness will put potential buyers off starting negotiations......if chansiri wants fan to like him ..he needs to admit it hasn’t worked out as he wished and sell up ......

The last fans forum - the press came out of it saying Chansiri said he will sell up

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, peggyowl said:

Administration makes no sense for chansiri as he then gets nothing from club having new owner.

Not sure running a successful championship club profitability is as easy as some seem to think.  Championship from finances are an absolute mess, only possible profit is from achieving promotion, even before covid.  It's basically a money pit.

Only way you could run SWFC profitability whilst being competitive in league your in would be either in premier League or league one as rules / finances currently stand.

18 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I wonder if he would like to buy a football club without a manager that doesn’t, own it’s own stadium.

(next to bottom of its league, most of its players at the end of contract and very little current income).

I get the feeling DC will chuck his toy into the back of his toy cupboard and wait to see what Father Christmas brings him next year.  Tragic, absolutely tragic.

What frustrates me is that when he first arrived he surrounded himself with people who knew football. He was doing the right things with the committee.

One good season and he thought he could do it alone with Paixao by his side.

The only conclusion is that he’s impossible to work under. The high turnover of staff under his ownership experienced football people - is absolutely staggering. Alonso is the latest to move on quickly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think you would probably realise that you knew nothing about Ice Hockey in 2nd division Canada and get in experienced people who did to run it for you day to day.

Absolutely. I can/could understand the attractiveness of Wednesday for an investor - a descent sized fan base with potential to be greater still, a large stadium and the marketing name.  But the commercial side (where you expect a business man to thrive) has been a disaster.

• Like 1

All we get now are rumours , rumours and more rumours ...oh ...and a few counter rumours . What we don't get is any clarity, or any decisions ...and so we are all left to wonder what is really going on at the club many of us have supported for 20 or 30 years or more...and all we can do is sit and watch the credibility of the club being tarnished on an almost daily basis at the moment as more and more people begin to speak in an openly disparaging way about the way in which the club is run and how this would deter any sound candidate from applying for , or accepting a position within the club . 

All very sad ...and it could all be changed by positive outcomes , changes in approach, and a realisation at the top that the methods ( and some of the people ) employed over the last 3 or 4 years have failed to produce a winning team , a steadily growing club , or , in fact ANY positive signs of improvement at all  - over the last 2 seasons at least we have gone backwards  . 

It is difficult to understand the mentality of a club that appears to be determined to stick to a failed plan , run by the same inept people regardless of the outcomes .  All very sad . Change is needed. I can only assume that either we have no money left to invest , or that we are under some sort of embargo , or that the non-investment is a deliberate ploy aimed at achieving  ???? ... well ...you tell me . I'm just confused and dismayed. 

• Like 1