Harry Pickering ... Why ??

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

He'd potentially be a big improvement on our current full back options and he'd have resale value. Pickering is exactly the type of smart signing, we should have been making more of during the DC era, perhaps then we wouldn't be in the mess we've been in these past few years, after the play off near misses. 

Potentially have resale value... 

Well maybe if our owner finally works out how transfers are supposed to work. 

Hell come here come on leaps and bounds, they'll be bandying values around and we'll just run his contract down and he'll leave on a free. 

Just like Nando and no doubt reach lol

• Haha 1

Any good side needs at least three players for each position in the whole squad (I’m not talking about the selected 25, I mean the entire setup). To only have one good LB and another who is promising but not the finished article in our squad is concerning.

Plus, also consider that he is a very good player in League 2/League 1. Perhaps it’s wise to look in those markets as well since....y’know.....

• Like 2

Guest whowantstoberich
2 hours ago, John Howard said:

Wednesday have at present  Galvin .....looks a very good prospect 

Penney ..... experienced and untapped potential

Palmer .......experienced and at times looks better on the left rather than right .

Why are we prepared to pay money out for another left back WHEN it is obvious we desperately need a goal scorer . Typical misguided Wednesday transfer policy . However not sure there is one any more 

^How to make the new kid feel welcome.

2 hours ago, OwlinOldham said:

Could also be Doyen and Paxo trying to stitch us up though. :ph34r:

Doubt this Penney is with Doyen and he will be looking at exit door especially if we signed Pickering.

Pickering is different class going forward from left back compared to anything we have.

2 hours ago, mogbad said:

Monk, Pulis & Thompson have all seen Penney in training on a daily basis. The reason he's not getting picked above Galvin, Palmer, Van Aken etc & we're in the market for a new left back tells you all you need to know about Penney.

Sorry but I disagree as he needs to be up front playing on the left not as a defender IMO

1 minute ago, Quist said:

Doubt this Penney is with Doyen and he will be looking at exit door especially if we signed Pickering.

Pickering is different class going forward from left back compared to anything we have.

My comment regarding Doyen was just me being sarcastic in response to the OP asking why are we even looking at Pickering.

That aside, He defo is better going forward from LB than all 3 of those we have though, you are spot on with that call.

Wednesday and signing Left backs just doesnt seem to ever be a good fit. We sign them when they are decent at other teams (Fox, Wiggins ect) and they end up either not being all that, or they just play downright 💩.

1 hour ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Any good side needs at least three players for each position in the whole squad (I’m not talking about the selected 25, I mean the entire setup). To only have one good LB and another who is promising but not the finished article in our squad is concerning.

Plus, also consider that he is a very good player in League 2/League 1. Perhaps it’s wise to look in those markets as well since....y’know.....

Who is our good LB?

3 hours ago, 0114 said:

Galvin has never started a league game in his life. Played well against Exeter. But definitely too young and inexperienced to make him 1st choice in a side fighting relegation. 

Matt Penney, with respect I just don’t think he’s as good as some believe. The fact he didn’t get a start over Glavin says it a lot. On top of that the only manager that seems to have half rated him was Jos and even under him he was nothing more than a squad player. 

Pickering is 23, highly rated and only costing around £500k. Seems the type of signing I see other clubs make and in 2/3 years he’s worth £5m. 

Maybe we could use Penny as a make weight in the deal?.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, owlsruleok said:

Sorry but I disagree as he needs to be up front playing on the left not as a defender IMO

I agree he’s better in advanced positions than defending but I wouldn’t pick him above Reach for that role.

Galvin ..... young and looks a prospect but played 2 games. Get out on loan. 

Penney ..... has attributes to be a good left back at this level. Needs to play a run of games.

Palmer ....... not good enough at right back never mind left.

Pickering....... Has all the qualities to be a top left back. Played over 100 games already.

This would be the best bit of business we have done since the committee left the club.

That is why.

Guest Hornsby

Pulis said we had no left back.

This kind looks like next Nigel .

Really good prospect and £5 million soon.

Get him in. Ditto Cosgrove.

5 hours ago, John Howard said:

Wednesday have at present  Galvin .....looks a very good prospect 

Penney ..... experienced and untapped potential

Palmer .......experienced and at times looks better on the left rather than right .

Why are we prepared to pay money out for another left back WHEN it is obvious we desperately need a goal scorer . Typical misguided Wednesday transfer policy . However not sure there is one any more 

Take yourself off to the corrective training facility.