Sam Speaks of return

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

So what you are saying is that without the disruption of Hutchinson during the week the other players were able

to concentrate on the Managers plan and it worked well in the next game and this gave Hutchinson his best game.

So you are now agreeing with me.

Well done.

Not at all mate. Football is about getting best out of your players  to win football matches. So  if managing Hutchinson so not get injured and get best out of him then why not? As you  mentioned the best British manager earlier and how he works.. He did same. Also you keep saying  disrupting sqaud what's he said done?   When Bannan was asked  said "good because he's a winner" 

14 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

So you really believe that in isolation, the signing of Hutchinson could keep us in this division ?

How does questioning the signing of Hutchinson make an argument for dropping “Bannan, reach, Westwood, Lees and Palmer?” You said signing Hutchinson is a masterstroke ...

How does the phrase ‘could help’ square with ‘in isolation’?

It doesn’t. I was playing your logic back to you, which it sounds like you are now agreeing with me, is daft!

1 minute ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Yeah, and your not aloud  to coach unless you have  coaching badges 

You originally quoted me on a flippant reply I made to another poster's questions about what badges he had.

I have no idea to what standard badges Hutchinson obtained years ago or whether they are still relevant now.

There’s a very strange feeling to it,   Really do suspect he’s got his eyes on a coaching role 

Part of the fabric of the club,  didn’t expect to be back in this capacity is a blatant hint towards his aspirations 

Good luck to him 

2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

He’s was primarily a defensive midfielder or centre half during his first spell at SWFC. Our defensive record is, and has been comparatively good. Our real problem has been scoring goals. What makes you think Hutchinson will get us out of the relegation zone ?

I don't. I hope he does though.

8 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

We could do so much better than appoint an academy coach. Which academy coaches from other clubs would you want as manager / head coach of SWFC ? Shouldn’t our aspiration be to aim as high as possible rather than be content because we could do worse ? 
BTW. Nothing against Thompson as a man or club servant. Also impressive performances as caretaker but is he really  your first choice and , if so , why ? 

Not my first choice, I only said that we could do much worse. We could hire some random foreign guy who inherits a mostly L1 level squad and who won't have the time to find out how to make the most out of them. Thompson knows all the players and doesn't seem to be afraid of playing the young lads if they are good enough.

Hiring a seasoned pro would be the best option, but I think we all know that unless DC backs off, it's a catastrophe waiting to happen. They want to come in as a manager but DC wants them to be a first team coach. The good thing is that I don't think that is unclear to anyone following the game anymore.

I stress that I'm only looking at the current season. We are not in the position of making any long term plans because our house is on fire right now.

• Like 1