Sam Speaks of return

3 hours ago, FinnishOwl said:

Our contracts should always be incentive based, no matter who we are talking about. It's the only way to avoid the Wednesday way with players.

youd only ever sign the desperate for a contract on that basis .......

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

Just because it worked for that team, doesn't mean it works for all.

Why have a Manager?

When Alex Ferguson was Managing Utd, was it him or was it the players doing their own thing?

Ultimately you need both to be a successful team. But needs must if manager is no good. I couldn't give a throw if Hutchinson  spends all week  doing nothing as long as he performs on a Saturday. Speaking of Alex Fergus on he let a player play ever Saturday but dint train all week. Great player mind 

3 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

We’ve been in decline since the playoff final. Hutchinson was here for the majority of that time. Why do you think bringing him back could be a masterstroke ?

Because a fit Hutchinson is a good player who could help keep us in this division. Is the counter argument, don't sign him and drop Bannan, reach, Westwood, Lees and Palmer? 

Yes we have been in decline, I would argue after the Hudds semi and all the players who have stayed with us through that time, carry some responsibility. I am just looking from here to the end of the season. Without a manager, a direction and a centre forward; with 23 cup finals ahead of us, having Hutch in the ranks will make a positive difference imho. 

1 hour ago, El Toro said:

He seemed to hesitate slightly when saying in this capacity. Could be that Thompson is the manager till the end of the season and Hutchinson is a player/coach? Just hasn’t been confirmed yet which is why he hesitated. 

I’m clutching at straws but it’s not the craziest thought. 

Yeah. It is. Is that really what you would want ?

1 minute ago, 4evaowl said:

Didn't he get coaching qualifications when he retired after leaving Chelsea? Not sure.

Yes he did he went back coaching their youth and they asked him to consider coming out I’d retirement 

not sure what level he qualified or if their up to date to be honest I haven’t a foggiest about coaching badgers apart Irvine had loads 

Anyway, so he’s back. 

I’m not going to lie, I always find his voice a bit disappointing. It’s that kind of west of London drawl.

But the main event is his hair. It’s an absolutely magnificent barnet! Flawless locks!

Is that the incentive he’s talking about? Keep his hair on top form so when the football is garbage at least we have a work of art to look at? 

Welcome back Sam’s hair! 

And Sam of course as well 👍

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Ultimately you need both to be a successful team. But needs must if manager is no good. I couldn't give a throw if Hutchinson  spends all week  doing nothing as long as he performs on a Saturday. Speaking of Alex Fergus on he let a player play ever Saturday but dint train all week. Great player mind 

It's not for the players to decide whether to adhere to what a Manager wants, they are there to play the way

the Manager sets them up, sometimes it takes quite some time before the Managers vision is fully

appreciated, and other times it never comes to fruition, but that is down to the Manager, he will be the one to

lose his job.

If Hutchinson or any other player spends all week doing nothing, the Manager will never know if the players are

on board with his vision, and can move onto the next stage of his plan.

You cannot have footballers dictating what happens at the Club.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, daleblue said:

It's not for the players to decide whether to adhere to what a Manager wants, they are there to play the way

the Manager sets them up, sometimes it takes quite some time before the Managers vision is fully

appreciated, and other times it never comes to fruition, but that is down to the Manager, he will be the one to

lose his job.

If Hutchinson or any other player spends all week doing nothing, the Manager will never know if the players are

on board with his vision, and can move onto the next stage of his plan.

You cannot have footballers dictating what happens at the Club.

Probably Hutchinson best games was under Carlos. He didn't train a full week

37 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Why ? What are his coaching qualifications?

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Which badges?

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Which qualifications ?

Think it must be a secret mate 🤔

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Because a fit Hutchinson is a good player who could help keep us in this division. Is the counter argument, don't sign him and drop Bannan, reach, Westwood, Lees and Palmer? 

Yes we have been in decline, I would argue after the Hudds semi and all the players who have stayed with us through that time, carry some responsibility. I am just looking from here to the end of the season. Without a manager, a direction and a centre forward; with 23 cup finals ahead of us, having Hutch in the ranks will make a positive difference imho. 

So you really believe that in isolation, the signing of Hutchinson could keep us in this division ?

How does questioning the signing of Hutchinson make an argument for dropping “Bannan, reach, Westwood, Lees and Palmer?” You said signing Hutchinson is a masterstroke ...

1 minute ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Probably Hutchinson best games was under Carlos. He didn't train a full week

So what you are saying is that without the disruption of Hutchinson during the week the other players were able

to concentrate on the Managers plan and it worked well in the next game and this gave Hutchinson his best game.

So you are now agreeing with me.

Well done.