Sam Speaks of return

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

An early contender for dumbest post of the year award. 

Sure they'll be some stiff competition, but f*cking hell. 

And before he even tries it, this is not me saying that Thompson is my choice as manager. 

Nip that one in the bud before he gets the chance. 

Comes across well in that interview. Glad he’s going to be back in a Wednesday shirt. Good move for him and his family. Hope he does well, gets a steady run of games and helps to keep our results going in the right direction.  Welcome back Sam. 

He seemed to hesitate slightly when saying in this capacity. Could be that Thompson is the manager till the end of the season and Hutchinson is a player/coach? Just hasn’t been confirmed yet which is why he hesitated. 

I’m clutching at straws but it’s not the craziest thought. 

2 minutes ago, El Toro said:

He seemed to hesitate slightly when saying in this capacity. Could be that Thompson is the manager till the end of the season and Hutchinson is a player/coach? Just hasn’t been confirmed yet which is why he hesitated. 

I’m clutching at straws but it’s not the craziest thought. 

Might have something to do with him being 31, not played a game in months, didn't have a contract as a player and was sat in his house in London watching telly when he was actually called up and offered a brand new playing contract by a club.

I bet he can't believe/understand it as much as I can't

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Might have something to do with him being 31, not played a game in months, didn't have a contract as a player and was sat in his house in London watching telly when he was actually called up and offered a brand new contract by a club.

I bet he can't believe/understand it as much as I can't.

It’s been in the news for the past week or so, can’t imagine it being that much of a surprise to him today. It surprised me too but guess it’s an indictment of where we currently are financially and as a club. It’s all about survival this season and he is a fighter I guess. 

I really can't get my head around this from Hutchinsons point of view.

If what we read is true he couldn't wait to get away back down south and had his house up for sale and moved back down there 6 months before the end of his contract.

Why the sudden change ?

Is he one of those players like Waddle, Palmer and Bullen who now has Wednesday in his blood.

Fallout with Monk ?

Realised living in a nice big house on the edge of the Peak District ain't too bad ?

I hope this works out for him, we all make mistakes.

Just now, El Toro said:

It’s been in the news for the past week or so, can’t imagine it being that much of a surprise to him today.  

TODAY?

I was referring to him getting the phone call whilst at home sat watching Loose Women or whatever he was doing

I'm going to sit down and have an apple crumble

I can't handle this level of conversation 

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

I really can't get my head around this from Hutchinsons point of view.

If what we read is true he couldn't wait to get away back down south and had his house up for sale and moved back down there 6 months before the end of his contract.

Why the sudden change ?

Is he one of those players like Waddle, Palmer and Bullen who now has Wednesday in his blood.

Fallout with Monk ?

Realised living in a nice big house on the edge of the Peak District ain't too bad ?

I hope this works out for him, we all make mistakes.

Suppose Monk being the manager, bombing him out and making him train with the U23s probably created a bit of resentment and soured it in his mind, so wanted away as there was no future for him at the club. 

Now Monk has gone, perhaps it changes his perception. 

Hope it works out. Well actually, I don’t care if this particularly works out, I just want us to stay up.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He'll probably be getting a call/contract from us in the morning in that case

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He'll probably be getting a call/contract from us in the morning in that case

He would cover all four corners of the pitch

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I bet you can't show me a single footballers contract that isnt' incentive based though

lol

Well I can't really show you a footballer's contract, because I'm not a footballer, or an agent, or a nosey cleaner...

But while all contacts will contain incentives, the vast majority of them won't be incentive based, I mean, all Christmas dinners feature sprouts, but that doesn't make Christmas dinner sprout based

• Love 1

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Think I would rather have him as manager than Thompson!

17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

An early contender for dumbest post of the year award. 

Sure they'll be some stiff competition, but f*cking hell. 

True. Considering he's still fit to play he would surely be better suited as a player/manager, especially as we're short on bodies. Doing two jobs for one salary would actually be quite a shrewd move from DC, another one of his "blinders", if you will. Just think of how it would helps us with ffp.

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Suppose Monk being the manager, bombing him out and making him train with the U23s probably created a bit of resentment and soured it in his mind, so wanted away as there was no future for him at the club. 

Now Monk has gone, perhaps it changes his perception. 

Hope it works out. Well actually, I don’t care if this particularly works out, I just want us to stay up.

It's like we're in a little boat at sea..

The water's flooding over the sides and it looks like we're going to sink

The passengers are trying to scoop up the water and throw it back over the sides of the boat in a desperate attempt to stay afloat

Big waves come along and the water comes back in again

If the boat sinks the whole thing has gone for good

So the passengers frantically scoop the water and throw it overboard
The passengers are sweating as it looks like a mammoth task to get to safety
Everything is against them
Scooping and scooping they get cups, buckets, anything they can get their hands on
They fill the cups and throw the water over the side

Their situation looks more and more desperate by the minutee

Then the a rich Thai businessman arrives on the scene in his massive luxury yacht and instead of stopping he just passes gently by 

And drops a grenade into the boat then drives off again into the distance

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

Well I can't really show you a footballer's contract, because I'm not a footballer, or an agent, or a nosey cleaner...

But while all contacts will contain incentives, the vast majority of them won't be incentive based, I mean, all Christmas dinners feature sprouts, but that doesn't make Christmas dinner sprout based

Now you've got me

I'll need to ask my nosey cleaner about sprouts now

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

True. Considering he's still fit to play he would surely be better suited as a player/manager, especially as we're short on bodies. Doing two jobs for one salary would actually be quite a shrewd move from DC, another one of his "blinders", if you will. Just think of how it would helps us with ffp.

Cost cutting and shedding managers has definitely proven to be a winning formula so far this season - we should definitely continue with that

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

TODAY?

I was referring to him getting the phone call whilst at home sat watching Loose Women or whatever he was doing

I'm going to sit down and have an apple crumble

I can't handle this level of conversation 

lol

Well my post (which you originally commented on) was regarding his interview today. Enjoy your crumble and may I suggest you have an early night.

• Haha 1