Sam Speaks of return

This all feels like it is a path towards Hutchinson becoming our manager at some point soon.

there were bits of that interview, and the fact he is ‘coming back’ , and the delay in our new manager.

NT to end of season, then Hutchinson. It all seems to be playing out .

36 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

What proof is there that he had a bad attitude before? 

There wasn't any, it was just a few on here making stuff up.

Hutchinson even referred to it in his interview. "Some people think I'm a bad egg, well obviously not or the club wouldn't have me back"

Just now, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Mentally,  don't shy away when things are getting difficult 

He left Cyprus because of Covid, and in his own words couldn't see his family and things were DIFFICULT.

SO I PACKED MY BAGS AT THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY.

3 hours ago, FinnishOwl said:

We could do so much worse than appointing Thompson until the end of the season. He knows his place and we don't need any more power struggles than we already have.

We could do so much better than appoint an academy coach. Which academy coaches from other clubs would you want as manager / head coach of SWFC ? Shouldn’t our aspiration be to aim as high as possible rather than be content because we could do worse ? 
BTW. Nothing against Thompson as a man or club servant. Also impressive performances as caretaker but is he really  your first choice and , if so , why ? 

3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Why would I confuse an attitude?

Why would you talk about other players? 

Each player must be assessed on their own merits.

And that's what I have done with this bloke.

We are going round in circles so let's,

agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

If at the end of the Season it turns out you was right, then I will eat humble pie.

I mentioned these other players  because there were part of the best team we have had in recent times but also arranged a meeting with all the team to say that they would play there way and not Trevor Francis's way 

3 hours ago, Minton said:

The majority of contracts are incentive based anyway. Appearance fees, goal fees, assist fees, clean sheet fees, goal targets, etc etc etc. 

When you see reports of "xxx on £40,000 per week" that is the amount they get if all the incentive based clauses are met. 

Do you have any proof of this or are they on £40,000 plus bonuses ? 

2 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

I mentioned these other players  because there were part of the best team we have had in recent times but also arranged a meeting with all the team to say that they would play there way and not Trevor Francis's way 

29 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Collectively you have to carry out what the Manager wants, that's why a team is a team.

Grenade thrown in with pin attached, wonder which player gets to pull.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Sam has always talked well. And he is quite opinionated compared to most.

I don't care really i just hope he influences games and gets us out of the relegation zone ASAP.

He’s was primarily a defensive midfielder or centre half during his first spell at SWFC. Our defensive record is, and has been comparatively good. Our real problem has been scoring goals. What makes you think Hutchinson will get us out of the relegation zone ?

Just now, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Confused mate? So you saying they had bad attitudes too? 

Just because it worked for that team, doesn't mean it works for all.

Why have a Manager?

When Alex Ferguson was Managing Utd, was it him or was it the players doing their own thing?

3 hours ago, Pieman said:

Fantastic interview and immediately showed what leadership is about. He addressed all the difficult subjects and 'what people are thinking' and didn't shy away from anything. Bad egg, fitness, incentive based contract, Thommo and peoples opinions of him. He is a top guy and will definitely rub off positively on those around him. I just hope and pray his fitness is good and it holds up. If so, this could be a masterstroke.

We’ve been in decline since the playoff final. Hutchinson was here for the majority of that time. Why do you think bringing him back could be a masterstroke ?

I'm happy to see him back.

We need as much help as possible to stay up.

Always enjoyed his performances for us first time around as he was always one of our top performers.

Can play centre back, right back and midfield so just need to use him with others in the squad and rotate them as there are lots of games in a very short period so fitness is key.