Sam Speaks of return

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

It brings me back to the recurring themes. Appointing Thommo alone would be a mistake. Ok, give him til the end of the season, if that is the decision (I don't think it is the right thing to do btw). If you do, he needs an experienced coach alongside him, like the role Stuart Gray has. AND/OR.........ffs......an experienced Director of Football. You cannot just appoint him, as a minimum you would need to backfill his role. However, I think it would be imperative to appoint a senior, senior assistant. And, to be clear, NOT Lee Bullen.

I based my opinion on the fact that we need someone there who the players will want to work for. Yes, it's definitely not a long term solution but only for surviving this season. We are running out of time to make any drastic changes, and to be honest, if we did, I think our players would just not grasp it right now.

Just now, FinnishOwl said:

I based my opinion on the fact that we need someone there who the players will want to work for. Yes, it's definitely not a long term solution but only for surviving this season. We are running out of time to make any drastic changes, and to be honest, if we did, I think our players would just not grasp it right now.

Problem with some of our players is that they back the Manager initially then lose interest.

Same old, same old, that's why I'm against bringing hutch back.

Watch him in the vid, shifty eyes, (doesn't hold eye contact), laughs at his own innuendo's, (when talking about the Thompson),

just wrong, all wrong.

He'll be the first to down tools and be made to train with the youngster's.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Yep!  never seen any!  There is a big difference between a bad attitude  and  not being a yes man. 

Collectively you have to carry out what the Manager wants, that's why a team is a team.

Grenade thrown in with pin attached, wonder which player gets to pull.

3 hours ago, davidoslive said:

When he says he didn’t expect to be back in this capacity... Does he anticipate being a (the?) future Manager / Head Coach?

Wouldn't be too unhappy to see that happen. Could be a great match and we need genuine leaders all over the club!

Not too sure about the "always had good fitness" comment though!

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 19.34.42.jpg

The form of the side—10 points from 12—since it's been rumoured Hutchinson was on his way back has been fantastic. The excitement from the squad to have Hutchinson back is obvious.

I remember when some on here wouldn't ever shut up about him being a bad egg too! Seems so stupid now, I suppose.

Must be fairly embarrassing for them actually. I just can't imagine what it's like to so gullibly believe the insinuations from a struggling former manager without question and then still find myself defending it almost a year later.

Hopefully they can just put it behind them now and recognize they were just very wrong about this (and quite a few other things too).

3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Problem with some of our players is that they back the Manager initially then lose interest.

Same old, same old, that's why I'm against bringing hutch back.

Watch him in the vid, shifty eyes, (doesn't hold eye contact), laughs at his own innuendo's, (when talking about the Thompson),

just wrong, all wrong.

He'll be the first to down tools and be made to train with the youngster's.

When do you ever see Hutchinson down tools? It's more the other way thats the problem and gets himself in trouble with officials 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

The form of the side—10 points from 12—since it's been rumoured Hutchinson was on his way back has been fantastic. The excitement from the squad to have Hutchinson back is obvious.

Or the form maybe improved since Pulis went and the players were allowed to actually play to try and win games ?

1 minute ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

When do you ever see Hutchinson down tools? It's more the other way thats the problem and gets himself in trouble with officials 

We only see what goes off on the pitch and not behind closed doors, he may put a shift in on the pitch while causing

absolute mayhem behind the scenes, two Managers have seen something they didn't like, and both thought it was

better to ostracize him than fine him, which leads me to believe he has a bad attitude.

Hopefully Sam thinks it was SWFC who gave him a career when things looked grim for him 7 years ago, and wants to pay us back and is determined that we won't get relegated. If he plays some part to this end either on or off the pitch it's all we could want.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Collectively you have to carry out what the Manager wants, that's why a team is a team.

Grenade thrown in with pin attached, wonder which player gets to pull.

Don't confuse a winners attitude with a bad  one. Out of interest would you say  players like Charlton Palmer, hirst, Sheridan and Pearson had bad attitudes? 

4 minutes ago, daleblue said:

We only see what goes off on the pitch and not behind closed doors, he may put a shift in on the pitch while causing

absolute mayhem behind the scenes, two Managers have seen something they didn't like, and both thought it was

better to ostracize him than fine him, which leads me to believe he has a bad attitude.

Or two managers that couldn't handle strong players 

3 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Good luck to him. Hope he does well.

Nailed on sending off after 5 mins in his first game.lol

Joking aside, the club lose nothing with the contract he has signed and like he says, he bring that bit of experience to the side.

I would offer him a contract as player coach at the end of the season if the club want to keep him.

What qualifications/ experience/ benefit does he bring as a coach ?

1 minute ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Don't confuse a winners attitude with a bad  one. Out of interest would you say  players like Charlton Palmer, hirst, Sheridan and Pearson had bad attitudes? 

Why would I confuse an attitude?

Why would you talk about other players? 

Each player must be assessed on their own merits.

And that's what I have done with this bloke.

We are going round in circles so let's,

agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

If at the end of the Season it turns out you was right, then I will eat humble pie.