Come on Nigel - Take it.

Isn't Pearson going to be as tough to deal with, as say Pulis? 

Think we need a head coach, like Carlos with a huge bonus to get us promoted next season. Keep everyone motivated.

If we sign the likes of Andre Green without a manager, then keep these signings coming 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Nero said:

The obvious appointment is Nigel Pearson.

I'd love it, I really would. But it's not going to happen.

It's increasingly clear that the problem is the owner, not the manager. Anyone who comes in is going to have to operate within the existing, dysfunctional system where DC, his family and his advisors call the shots. Their input will be limited and their opinions at best disregarded and at worst seen as a sign of treachery.

Pearson would be a fantastic choice if given a free hand to get on and do the job. But he won't. And for that reason alone he'll avoid us.

And in the unlikely event he did agree to take the job on, he would struggle for the reasons outlined above, just like his predecessors. And yet many fans would still blame him.......

Lets be honest. In managerial terms, we're a career killer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

It's increasingly clear that the problem is the owner, not the manager. Anyone who comes in is going to have to operate within the existing, dysfunctional system where DC, his family and his advisors call the shots. Their input will be limited and their opinions at best disregarded and at worst seen as a sign of treachery.

Pearson would be a fantastic choice if given a free hand to get on and do the job. But he won't. And for that reason alone he'll avoid us.

And in the unlikely event he did agree to take the job on, he would struggle for the reasons outlined above, just like his predecessors. And yet many fans would still blame him.......

That and the fact that he's batshit crazy, has a tendency to lose the plot with both players and journalists, is a known bellend and doesn't play well with Thai owners.

Other than that, perfect fit.

Edited by Minton
  • Like 2

The obvious flaws with this proposal are that almost any other lower Championship club comes without the off-field issues which so hamstring the managers at Wednesday, and Pearson may well fancy his chances of landing a job at a club a little higher up the football pyramid anyway; he won't get a chance to put his own stamp on us, as the chairman is too beholden to his 'advisors' to allow a manager that freedom; whether the fanbase might give him more time should he take us down to League One is immaterial - Chansiri most probably won't and will turf him out long before then if he doesn't toe the party line anyway.

20 days since we sacked Pulis.

I reckon if we were going for someone unemployed, we'd have already have announced them by now.

I don't understand the slow response from Wednesday, and the longer it goes on, the longer I'm inclined we are not really looking as NT is doing well.

Cue Wednesday announcement of Carlos return.

2 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I’d wager Pearson is the one most of us want. 

But he doesn’t suffer fools gladly.

He made his managerial mark with a supportive owner, Kingpower are a well run machine. I can’t see him getting the ammunition he would need to make us a top six side. 

I’ve not given up hope of him taking the reigns in the dugout, but it’s not the right time for him.

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

20 days since we sacked Pulis.

I reckon if we were going for someone unemployed, we'd have already have announced them by now.

I don't understand the slow response from Wednesday, and the longer it goes on, the longer I'm inclined we are not really looking as NT is doing well.

Cue Wednesday announcement of Carlos return.

He keeps refusing it apparently.