Come on Nigel - Take it.

I do really wonder if individuals actually think about some of suggestions, or actually look at some of records and traits of person.

He has had some really odd moments with Chairman and Journalists and he looked as if ruled by moon. 

Firstly he would simply not get on with Dc and his old advisor that is without doubt.

Secondly he is record is good when he has Shakespeare as his assistant. Without him it is diabolical. In the summer Shakespeare was recruited to be Aston Villa assistant (he is life long Villa fan) because it was thought Terry was leaving to manage elsewhere. Since he has joined up with Smith Villa have improved enormously and you can not see him joining Pearson.

Now why on earth would anybody even consider recruiting Pearson on his own is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Hornsby
16 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Hasn't Pearson got history with Thai ownership? Sure DC will have asked them about him already.

I think it may be his son's Thai tour that's the trouble.

Car crash at Derby, a disaster in Belgium and lasted 4 months at Watford.  

His managerial career is really on the slide. 

I think the desire to have an old school hard man as manager is misplaced.  The game has changed a lot just like most workplaces.  Having someone yell and act the hard man isnt going to make me work any harder, its just going to make me think they are bad managers.  if a coach or manager gets me on the training pitch properly, observes and helps improve me as a player, thats what counts.

We really need a young ish coach, who is happy in a tracksuit, no ego, not someone who is going to rock the boat or try to be a dominant figure at the club.  Just work honestly and with humility at improving the players and the squad and getting good results.

• Thanks 1

On 17/01/2021 at 14:50, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I'd love it, I really would. But it's not going to happen.

It's increasingly clear that the problem is the owner, not the manager. Anyone who comes in is going to have to operate within the existing, dysfunctional system where DC, his family and his advisors call the shots. Their input will be limited and their opinions at best disregarded and at worst seen as a sign of treachery.

Pearson would be a fantastic choice if given a free hand to get on and do the job. But he won't. And for that reason alone he'll avoid us.

And in the unlikely event he did agree to take the job on, he would struggle for the reasons outlined above, just like his predecessors. And yet many fans would still blame him.......

Lets be honest. In managerial terms, we're a career killer.

Every manager knows you have three avenues to manage. Your employer(s), your staff, and your customers. Anyone who thinks managers are employed to do what they’re told by ANY of the those three routes is delusional. An owner must accept that the manager is paid to have authority and is responsible for, implementing his ( her) decisions. The customers cannot and should not seek to manage (heresy I know) as at the end of the day they either buy the end product or not. Equally, the staff cannot dictate policy. It’s best if all three work in harmony of course.

The issue at Sheffield Wednesday is that we have not yet chosen the person to weld all three parts together. It is not solely the fault of the Chairman. A better manager would have solved the problem.

If Ivic doesn’t fancy the challenge, then he’s not the man for the job. If Pulis couldn’t manage the problem it’s best he went.  I think we should backtrack and get Paul Cook- if he’s strong enough, because standing up and being counted is what leadership and management is all about!

You will tell me ( as will 99% of people on this site) that this is all Mr Chansiri’s fault. I absolutely disagree. The Chairman needs a good Team Manager who will shout his corner ( like Steve Bruce did), who is respected, and who is trusted. I can’t see Jose or Jurgen being told what they can and can’t have by Paixo! 
We need someone who will grab the job by the scruff of the neck and not a yes man! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elderly Owl said:

Every manager knows you have three avenues to manage. Your employer(s), your staff, and your customers. Anyone who thinks managers are employed to do what they’re told by ANY of the those three routes is delusional. An owner must accept that the manager is paid to have authority and is responsible for, implementing his ( her) decisions. The customers cannot and should not seek to manage (heresy I know) as at the end of the day they either buy the end product or not. Equally, the staff cannot dictate policy. It’s best if all three work in harmony of course.

The issue at Sheffield Wednesday is that we have not yet chosen the person to weld all three parts together. It is not solely the fault of the Chairman. A better manager would have solved the problem.

If Ivic doesn’t fancy the challenge, then he’s not the man for the job. If Pulis couldn’t manage the problem it’s best he went.  I think we should backtrack and get Paul Cook- if he’s strong enough, because standing up and being counted is what leadership and management is all about!

You will tell me ( as will 99% of people on this site) that this is all Mr Chansiri’s fault. I absolutely disagree. The Chairman needs a good Team Manager who will shout his corner ( like Steve Bruce did), who is respected, and who is trusted. I can’t see Jose or Jurgen being told what they can and can’t have by Paixo! 
We need someone who will grab the job by the scruff of the neck and not a yes man! 

Absolutely spot on. Add in a bit of luck and we have the nature of the beast.