The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

6 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

As much as he’s the man who can do no wrong over there, you’d imagine keeping the chequebook closed is a condition of him keeping his job. 

Like we’ve seen, new managers want cash to spend. Keeping Wilder is an easy get out for them having to do that. 

Not that I’m that interested, but they have the nucleus of a very good championship squad 

Their results have been atrocious, but the performances, those that I’ve seen anyway, haven’t been that bad

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not that I’m that interested, but they have the nucleus of a very good championship squad 

Their results have been atrocious, but the performances, those that I’ve seen anyway, haven’t been that bad

Out of interest how many of their games have you seen? Just the Newcastle one?

3 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Pickering left out of Crewe squad for tonights game against Gillingham maybe something in that 

He wasn’t in the squad on Saturday, taken off injured in his last match.

33 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

🤣 You're far off the mark. I've watched quite a few of their games and they've looked absolutely atrocious!

Good Championship squad? Time will tell I guess. This season they've definitely not turned up at all except for maybe 3 games? Even their 2 draws they didn't deserve at all being outplayed by far better teams on the day

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, smhouston said:

🤣 You're far off the mark. I've watched quite a few of their games and they've looked absolutely atrocious!

Good Championship squad? Time will tell I guess. This season they've definitely not turned up at all except for maybe 3 games? Even their 2 draws they didn't deserve at all being outplayed by far better teams on the day

From the games I’ve seen, they’ve been poor in both boxes, a sure fire recipe for disaster, but their football I’d say has been pretty good Put it this way, I’d be happy if we played with that sort of purpose Maybe not the results though😏

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

From the games I’ve seen, they’ve been poor in both boxes, a sure fire recipe for disaster, but their football I’d say has been pretty good Put it this way, I’d be happy if we played with that sort of purpose Maybe not the results though😏

My piggy supporting mate say they've been terrible. Struggling to keep possession  getting totally dominated and not pressing teams like they did. Says improved slightly of late but results still same 

2 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

My piggy supporting mate say they've been terrible. Struggling to keep possession  getting totally dominated and not pressing teams like they did. Says improved slightly of late but results still same 

Well I guess he will know better than us

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

On paper yeah, but they did last time too and they are now used to losing each week and even lower league teams are testing them. 

Both times United have gone up and given it the big one about how they could be streets ahead for 30 years then sh17 themselves when they see how much that costs. That’s why they are bottom of the league and being there now just gives the owner the excuse not to spend again. 

When they go down O’Connell will be back but probably won’t be as sought after post injury. So that could help them if he’s back to his best but I’d bet they would’ve preferred the 20m plus they’d have got for him and to rebuild the squad. The likes of Lundstram seems like he would leave and there are still a lot of players in that team that played us at Hillsborough but now much older. There’s a big job to be done to turn that relegation around. 

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

A target man should have been the absolute priority this window. I still can’t see us scoring enough goals over a season to stay up

I think it is something we’re trying to do If we don’t do better than Cosgrove or Jutkiewicz, I fear you may be right It will certainly be a tall order

4 hours ago, smhouston said:

Not to mention their one win was against a team reduced to 10 men and being given a  debatable pen.