The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

If we did borrow someone like Juke, we should still buy a younger version we could develop All our current strikers are over 26, so we need to be thinking about succession

I agree, Juke for the present. The likes of Green, Pickering, and Adebayo for next season and beyond.

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Looks like Brum are determined to land a striker.....

Birmingham City have reportedly made a move for Norwich City striker Josip Drmic as Aitor Karanka scrambles to add to his attacking ranks.

wonder if they’d like Rhodes??? 🤔

Drmic has been awful at Norwich. Can’t see Karanka & Rhodes collaborating again.

Think we’ll struggle to see any incomers,

Could have been different if QPR had took Rhodes, but as it stands I think we’ll struggle for anything other than frees or a young loan from prem 

5 hours ago, malek said:

If he came through at Wednesday, we would have let him walk for Free after he turns down offer of one year contract extension that would have made him highest paid player in our development squad. 

Jude Bellingham was always going leave Birmingham but he wouldn’t leave until he signed a contract with Birmingham effectively ensuring Birmingham received a full transfer fee. Let’s hope that Shaw, if he is to leave, does the same thing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, sirlawrenceofmadden said:

Jude Bellingham was always going leave Birmingham but he wouldn’t leave until he signed a contract with Birmingham effectively ensuring Birmingham received a full transfer fee. Let’s hope that Shaw, if he is to leave, does the same thing. 

Yes, he had the chance to do a Hirst but insisted the club got a fair deal that saved them. That’s why they held him in such high standing after he left. Very classy and practically unheard of in these times. 

I’d like us to really push this Pickering deal through. If we are trying to borrow a striker, that may go to the wire, but I don’t think we should be trying to play hard ball with Crewe He is such a good fit for us, and as Howson says, Crewe don’t really need to sell If he really is the best young defender outside of the championship, £600,000 is, I would think, a reasonable fee. When league one players can go for a few million, let’s not squabble about the price

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’d like us to really push this Pickering deal through. If we are trying to borrow a striker, that may go to the wire, but I don’t think we should be trying to play hard ball with Crewe He is such a good fit for us, and as Howson says, Crewe don’t really need to sell If he really is the best young defender outside of the championship, £600,000 is, I would think, a reasonable fee. When league one players can go for a few million, let’s not squabble about the price

Is it 600k ?  I’d heard £1.5m ,  still reasonable for the player he looks like been 

Like I said I think we’ll struggle without moving a Rhodes/Reach on,  but hopeful of something positive 

16 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Is it 600k ?  I’d heard £1.5m ,  still reasonable for the player he looks like been 

Like I said I think we’ll struggle without moving a Rhodes/Reach on,  but hopeful of something positive 

David Artell, Crewe's manager, said a few weeks back, that the fees they'd be looking to get for their players have dropped enourmously because of the financial impact of COVID.

I'd seen somewhere, can't remember where, that it was around the £400k mark. Can't imagine it been much more than the £600k figure. However, £400-600k really is a no brainer for a young, modern day full back, with technical abilities to play beyond this level. .

Apparently, the price is known, but nobody has matched it as yet. If we want him, pay the fair price

17 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Howson says Crewe want £600,000-650,000, having turned down a £400,000 bid from Blackburn

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We can’t afford that

We'll be paying probably half of that amount on a striker on loan until the end of the season.

It's make perfect sense to invest that into a player that'll develop with us, play for us for more than a few months, and potentially sell on at a later date.

If we cannot afford £600k for Pickering...then I cannot see us bringing anybody in. Which might end up been true.

3 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

We'll be paying probably half of that amount on a striker on loan until the end of the season.

It's make perfect sense to invest that into a player that'll develop with us, play for us for more than a few months, and potentially sell on at a later date.

If we cannot afford £600k for Pickering...then I cannot see us bringing anybody in. Which might end up been true.

I’ve just highlighted the issue right there for you mate.

lol

• Haha 1