The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He’s so damn good on the ball.

He’s a special player and would be the best player in league 1 by a distance.  If any manager can get him to settle down you would think it would be Moore with his personality and the Jamaican connections.  Ravel only just turned 28 so still could have a few good seasons left in him too.  I would say it’s a gamble worth taking in our cr*p situation 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

He’s a special player and would be the best player in league 1 by a distance.  If any manager can get him to settle down you would think it would be Moore with his personality and the Jamaican connections.  Ravel only just turned 28 so still could have a few good seasons left in him too.  I would say it’s a gamble worth taking in our cr*p situation 

Lets get Bostock in while we are at it.

If we are to gamble on someone to develop, let it be someone we could earn bit of money for in the future.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, malek said:

Lets get Bostock in while we are at it.

If we are to gamble on someone to develop, let it be someone we could earn bit of money for in the future.

You realise we need at least 6 new players? I don’t think it’s a major issue to sign one 28 year old and then 5 youngsters myself 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

You realise we need at least 6 new players? I don’t think it’s a major issue to sign one 28 year old and then 5 youngsters myself 

I'm not saying that we should sign 6 youngsters, but if we are gambling on someone worth developing it should be player who could earn us bit of money in the future, not someone who is 28 and failed wherever he was.

I'm quite sure that for wages Morrison would demand we can bring in very solid and dependable League One player.

Let's be honest, if we had Morrison and Bannan we would have two of the best players in the league.

Goodness knows how it will work out though... both with the two (or even one) of them being here, and whether their relative attitudes will allow is to see them at their best at this level.

So many fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, malek said:

I'm not saying that we should sign 6 youngsters, but if we are gambling on someone worth developing it should be player who could earn us bit of money in the future, not someone who is 28 and failed wherever he was.

I'm quite sure that for wages Morrison would demand we can bring in very solid and dependable League One player.

If a pay as you play deal can be structured I think it’s ok, if we have to pay week in week out it may be too much of a gamble. 

In our current plight you have to take a risk or two, be that someone who’s stock is low, someone unproven at this level from lessor leagues or someone yet to play outside of prem youth teams. Each will have a risk, we just need to ensure we structure a deal to protect ourselves. 

When Morrison is on song, there are not many better we could dream of bringing in. Unfortunately it was a half season at west ham and that was it…. But at L1 he could thrive. 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Let's be honest, if we had Morrison and Bannan we would have two of the best players in the league.

Goodness knows how it will work out though... both with the two (or even one) of them being here, and whether their relative attitudes will allow is to see them at their best at this level.

So many fingers crossed.

I think it’s one or the other, I’m also hoping it’s as part of the 3 behind the striker and not the 2 in front of the defence. So for that reason I’d rather gamble on a pay as you play Morrison than a 20k plus per week Bannan. I’m sure we could sign a competitor to the number ten role and Morrison and still have chunk of change from Bannans salary 

38 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

If a pay as you play deal can be structured I think it’s ok, if we have to pay week in week out it may be too much of a gamble. 

In our current plight you have to take a risk or two, be that someone who’s stock is low, someone unproven at this level from lessor leagues or someone yet to play outside of prem youth teams. Each will have a risk, we just need to ensure we structure a deal to protect ourselves. 

When Morrison is on song, there are not many better we could dream of bringing in. Unfortunately it was a half season at west ham and that was it…. But at L1 he could thrive. 

Including internationals he's averaged about 13 games a season over the last 11 years. It is certainly a gamble.

ITFC were trying to sign Dundee Utd GK Benjamin Siegrist. 

They now appear to have switched attention to Salford GK Václav Hladký. 

I assume they aren't signing both, so maybe we can pick up one of them 

5 minutes ago, jacko1992 said:

I'd be open for us to give Ravel a chance (how many of them has he had?), but you just know come Nov/Dec time he'll be nowhere to be seen.

What other offers is he likely to get I wonder... offer a pay (optional I know for us) as you play deal, if he doesn't play.....no pay, easy

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Has anyone snapped up Connor Wickham yet?  He’s another on pay as you play I’d be keen to gamble on. I’d rather see him leading the line than Paterson anyhow. 

can’t imagine we would have a chance with his wages. 

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Has anyone snapped up Connor Wickham yet?  He’s another on pay as you play I’d be keen to gamble on. I’d rather see him leading the line than Paterson anyhow. 

Huge risk especially as the physio is leaving to join forest 

He will have no one to treat him in the Massimo Luongo medical centre

if we are after a target man then Joe Piggott is the one to try and get. On a free, scored in this division before and wages won’t be huge

• Like 1