The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

6 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Well from what I was told Bell was all but done as there was little to no interest in him. We put a contract to him and his agent then made some calls, 24-48 hours later he’s down the M1 signing for Luton. Has Olosunde gone to Preston then?

Macgivillray makes complete sense, he’s from the North and I’m sure if we offered him a 2-3 year deal we’d get him. Seems he’s off to Charlton which is a massive shame. 

Wonder if that’s a case of bigger wages at Luton or purely champ football,    Told he’s pretty much signed at PNE yeh 

Olosunde though I always expected to get a champ gig,  think he’s a talent me 

7 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Fair enough mate that’s shame, wonder if we can pull Wing off 

Would be a fantastic signing, again though I’ve heard nothing. Same as bostock, heard nothing. Morrison wants to sign purely for Moore.

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Of the keepers linked I would much rather us take a chance on Griffiths. 

Griffiths had a strong full season in league two, didn’t see much of him for myself but can see why any top league one or low end champ would fancy him 

Jordan Archer I don’t think is a bad keeper, steady option , still for

me I’d prefer a tried and tested league one stopper in MacGillivray 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Wonder if that’s a case of bigger wages at Luton or purely champ football,    Told he’s pretty much signed at PNE yeh 

Olosunde though I always expected to get a champ gig,  think he’s a talent me 

Agent talk all the time. As soon as a contract is on the table he’ll then ring around clubs saying this is what he’s been offered do you want to match it. Championship football, 2 year deal more money, no brainer. 

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Depressing we can no longer compete financially with Luton. 

Were only assuming that it’s financial though there aren’t we,   End of the day championship football is a huge draw 

Not our fault of course but this thread is hardly honouring Guru’s memory…….

Its looking clear to me that we’ll start the season with what remains of the first team squad members and a bunch of kids. (Caveat that we may lose some additional first team players over the wage issue)

Beyond that, I don’t see us having the ability to draw anyone to the club given our financial status, impaired ownership etc, etc. 

I’m fully braced to drop through this division. The end result of that being a perceived doubling in the clubs value in DC’s eyes……..:Chansiri:

All that saves us is a “white knight” that is somehow prepared and able to wrestle ownership from DC. That, or the liquidators find a buyer……

6 hours ago, OriginalAlien said:

21 year-old striker from Boro, Tyrone O'Neil, has a scoring record of 1 in 2 games in PL2 last season and is supposedly on trial with us when his contract ends at the end of this month. (taken from another site, just passing it on)

Surely would be for the U23 side

11 hours ago, camffiti said:

Hopefully we can persuade someone to choose us, over clubs that pay wages :Chansiri:

Once efl sponsorship money / sky money comes in, this should (I use this word loosely), start to solve these issues. Hopefully.

Clearly something is happening in the background of the club. Maybe their is some investment or even better a take over. I am just hoping this is the case 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Do we really want players to sign? If so get the accounts in and get out of the embargo.

Fed up of seeing players we want going elsewhere. Bit much when we can't outbid the likes of Wycombe or in actual fact virtually ANY club because we aren't allowed to spend even a relatively small fee.

Absolute shambles.

Dom said the £5m for Windass was way off the mark. Our expectations for players need to be lowered. We wont attract players who could play in Championship, our new players will probably come from L1/L2 who have a point to prove and possibly from Scotland. No players from abroad.

We need to keep our transfers quiet until they sign up or they will be snapped up by teams higher up.

First tho, pay the wages, submit the accounts asap, time is running out and a massive rebuild is needed, we don't want all the players coming in at the last minute

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What you mean after initially saying no, we ain't signing you now.

lol

Moore said Ravel wasn’t fit enough to hit the ground running, but would keep in touch thinking ahead.