The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Told last night that Olosunde and Amari Bell were wanting to come to Hillsborough,  He’s got a deal at Preston Olosunde but not yet signed it 

48 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Told last night that Olosunde and Amari Bell were wanting to come to Hillsborough,  He’s got a deal at Preston Olosunde but not yet signed it 

has Bell signed for someone else? Both free transfers so why haven’t they signed if they wanted to come? 

4 hours ago, Jim said:

TBH, the whole situation is a grind at the minute.

And before @wilyfoxkicks my ar$e for putting this post in the transfers thread I’d better put something in that resembles transfer related.

We’re under an embargo. This won’t be lifted until the accounts are submitted. The local journalists keep telling us progress is being made and the club are confident of it being lifted soon. On Thursday it’s the 1st July and the Transfer Window has been open nearly a month and the embargo is still in place.

Right another point before I get picked up on it. An embargo doesn’t prevent us from signing players on free transfers or loans.

That’s all well and good but then you get that well worn reply on here ‘how can we attract players if we are having trouble paying them’ which in all fairness is a good point.

Then you get the next one. ‘What’s the point in trying to sign a player who has championship interest’ Once again a fair enough point but you don’t ask the question, you don’t get? Totally expecting the reply to be ‘we won’t anyway’

And all this takes me back to the first paragraph in this post. Whatever point you try to make it discussion you try to have, the same old stock replies get trotted out which makes it a grind.

Not disputing other posters opinions or views but the current apathy/sarcasm surrounding this club/fan base makes me feel without significant change/s we’ll never move forward again and I suspect for many this can only happen when we have a new owner but the oracle says this ain’t happening so we’re stuck in this cesspit for the foreseeable future?

I think they are all great points well made. I'm inclined to agree that the fanbase won't or shouldn't (I might add) forget what's happened or happening at the club.

To truly move on, it needs a change at the top. To effect that change.

Edited by Maddogbob

59 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well they signed for other clubs so cant have been that desperate

lol

Don’t know where I said either were  ‘desperate’    

They were both interested in coming, obviously the reasons why they didn’t decide on S6 1SW are open to debate , but no doubt some regurgitated, boring wages comment inbound 

Championship football be my guess,  don’t think either Luton or PNE will be chucking mega wages around 

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t know where I said either were  ‘desperate’    

They were both interested in coming, obviously the reasons why they didn’t decide on S6 1SW are open to debate , but no doubt some regurgitated, boring wages comment inbound 

Championship football be my guess,  don’t think either Luton or PNE will be chucking mega wages around 

Yeah but they clearly wanted to go to Luton and Preston more than they did Wednesday

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah but they clearly wanted to go to Luton and Preston more than they did Wednesday

Possibly,   Personally believe players will override any feelings towards preferred clubs if the money on the table is big enough 

2 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Anyone heard anything ? Heard Odimayo was close  and whispers of Ravel Morrison but seems quiet.

Yeh I heard nobody’s signing until 2042 because we’re not paying wages or something 

2 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Anyone heard anything ? Heard Odimayo was close  and whispers of Ravel Morrison but seems quiet.

Wouldn’t be a surprise if Morrison was one of the players on trial with us in Wales as Moore said he would look at the situation again in the summer.  Ravel could be a very good player in league 1 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Wouldn’t be a surprise if Morrison was one of the players on trial with us in Wales as Moore said he would look at the situation again in the summer.  Ravel could be a very good player in league 1 

I wouldn’t be against this at all, be good just behind the striker in  the 4231 that Moore wants to play. Can see this happening.

• Like 1