Next manager odds

5 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

If we’re going foreign I’d like Bruno Lage, who was Carlos’ assistant here and was quite highly thought of as an up and coming manager. 

People saying ‘may as well give it to Lowe’. I like Lowe and would love him here but I hardly think we’re a carrot to dangle in front of him in our current state. Think he’d be happier staying at Plymouth rather than join our circus.

Again though. Does it really matter. They’ll either be a complete yes man and lead us further down the bottom or they’ll stand up to DC and get sacked. They also still have exactly the same group of players to work with and, as a team, I just don’t think they’re good enough. I don’t particularly blame them cos it’s DC that has lead us to a point where this team is as good as we can have. Through stupid contracts, not selling at the right time, letting our best players all leave at once for free, spending money on Rhodes, Winnall, Abdi. This is why we currently have the team we do.  They’re not good enough and we’re picking up too many injuries for whatever reason.  

And we’re about to hit an embargo which means probs no signings in January that will be of any use. And in the summer we’ll probably lose the vast majority who are out of contract cos that’s the Wednesday way. Bannan, Lees, Reach, Harris. Can’t see any of them signing a new deal. Can add Bannan to the list of players we COULD have sold for millions after the Huddersfield game, and that money could have been reinvested into younger players. 

but yeah. My original point is it truly doesn’t matter who we hire now. Our turkeys cooked. 

Merry Xmas 😂😂😂

And a happy new year to you...... Agree with your points though! 

It’s beyond the stage of who we want. We are now firmly in the territory of who would come. A few years back a raft of top managers would have wanted the job. Now, the majority of managers with any kind of CV wouldn’t touch this position with a barge pole. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

It’s beyond the stage of who we want. We are now firmly in the territory of who would come. A few years back a raft of top managers would have wanted the job. Now, the majority of managers with any kind of CV wouldn’t touch this position with a barge pole. 

And this for me is now the real promble. No one with any experience or success will touch it. Which is why we ended up with Jo’s and Monk. We were lucky with Bruce and Pullis in getting experienced football people who knew what they were doing. Neither ended well! So now we are faced with an unknown foreigner, a massive gamble( such as Lowe) or someone desperate ( like pardew) but don’t think even they would touch us. 
It’s a real clusterfuck and I can’t see a new manager being in place anytime soon. Unless it’s another one that leaves underwhelmed and struggling. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I’d go for a overseas one 

Mensur suljovic ... Doesn’t like pace but knows where the target is a

Gary Anderson last night 😆

6 hours ago, folger said:

What's the odds on that dogger former Barnsley failure? 

Stendel? 20/1.

Lovely bloke but Daniel was all wrong for Hearts in a dogfight and Wednesday certainly don’t have the players he would want for his style of football. He plays an expansive, high press attacking game (the complete opposite of Pulis), which is fine in a good team but it would be a car crash with this squad. His teams were far too easy to set up against and counter and he had no plan B. It was all out attack every game which is not good for a squad like ours that is losing goals and games. I liked him but he was the right appointment at the wrong time for Hearts. Stendel is definitely not what the club needs right now.

• Like 1

Guest domSWFC
16 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

As Chansiri seems intent on taking us plummeting towards oblivion, we need to appoint a manager who is certain to get us there... Step forward Chris Coleman

FFS

To be fair he was loved at Sunderland during his first couple of weeks, until they say his football. 

5 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Gary Anderson last night 😆

Stendel? 20/1.

Lovely bloke but Daniel was all wrong for Hearts in a dogfight and Wednesday certainly don’t have the players he would want for his style of football. He plays an expansive, high press attacking game (the complete opposite of Pulis), which is fine in a good team but it would be a car crash with this squad. His teams were far too easy to set up against and counter and he had no plan B. It was all out attack every game which is not good for a squad like ours that is losing goals and games. I liked him but he was the right appointment at the wrong time for Hearts. Stendel is definitely not what the club needs right now.

I think Anderson’s having a breakdown ... Seemed all over place ... bless him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Agree to disagree - if DC is going to pay them the money they will come plain and simple. If a manager wants to work and the numbers line up they will come. Look at the Watford merry go round as an example.

The days of loyalty in football are long gone and the power of the pound is king. There won't be a shortage of managers who will want the job, however the horrible truth is we have a bunch of players who are not up to the task at hand so it will be the same old problems in the short to mid term

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really do dread to think who it will be. Would love Pearson or Cook but imo not a chance they would work with Chansiri, Pearson especially. Chansiri will just be after a yes man. 

Can't agree Pearson worked with the Watford board who are far more trigger happy than DC. If the money is right they will come plain and simple.