Next manager odds

If we’re going foreign I’d like Bruno Lage, who was Carlos’ assistant here and was quite highly thought of as an up and coming manager. 

People saying ‘may as well give it to Lowe’. I like Lowe and would love him here but I hardly think we’re a carrot to dangle in front of him in our current state. Think he’d be happier staying at Plymouth rather than join our circus.

Again though. Does it really matter. They’ll either be a complete yes man and lead us further down the bottom or they’ll stand up to DC and get sacked. They also still have exactly the same group of players to work with and, as a team, I just don’t think they’re good enough. I don’t particularly blame them cos it’s DC that has lead us to a point where this team is as good as we can have. Through stupid contracts, not selling at the right time, letting our best players all leave at once for free, spending money on Rhodes, Winnall, Abdi. This is why we currently have the team we do.  They’re not good enough and we’re picking up too many injuries for whatever reason.  

And we’re about to hit an embargo which means probs no signings in January that will be of any use. And in the summer we’ll probably lose the vast majority who are out of contract cos that’s the Wednesday way. Bannan, Lees, Reach, Harris. Can’t see any of them signing a new deal. Can add Bannan to the list of players we COULD have sold for millions after the Huddersfield game, and that money could have been reinvested into younger players. 

but yeah. My original point is it truly doesn’t matter who we hire now. Our turkeys cooked. 

Merry Xmas 😂😂😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

If we’re going foreign I’d like Bruno Lage, who was Carlos’ assistant here and was quite highly thought of as an up and coming manager. 

People saying ‘may as well give it to Lowe’. I like Lowe and would love him here but I hardly think we’re a carrot to dangle in front of him in our current state. Think he’d be happier staying at Plymouth rather than join our circus.

Again though. Does it really matter. They’ll either be a complete yes man and lead us further down the bottom or they’ll stand up to DC and get sacked. They also still have exactly the same group of players to work with and, as a team, I just don’t think they’re good enough. I don’t particularly blame them cos it’s DC that has lead us to a point where this team is as good as we can have. Through stupid contracts, not selling at the right time, letting our best players all leave at once for free, spending money on Rhodes, Winnall, Abdi. This is why we currently have the team we do.  They’re not good enough and we’re picking up too many injuries for whatever reason.  

And we’re about to hit an embargo which means probs no signings in January that will be of any use. And in the summer we’ll probably lose the vast majority who are out of contract cos that’s the Wednesday way. Bannan, Lees, Reach, Harris. Can’t see any of them signing a new deal. Can add Bannan to the list of players we COULD have sold for millions after the Huddersfield game, and that money could have been reinvested into younger players. 

but yeah. My original point is it truly doesn’t matter who we hire now. Our turkeys cooked. 

Merry Xmas 😂😂😂

Good post, agree with all of this.

For me, of the appointments I could imagine DC going for:

Appointments that wouldn't look like a disaster on day one: Paul Cook, Bruno Lage, Danny Cowley

Appointments that would look very iffy on day one: Vladimir Ivic, Dan Petrescu, Martin O'Neill, Pep Clotet

Appointments that would look like a disaster on day one: Jose Morais, Alan Pardew, Sol Campbell

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

lol

If you were Eddie Howe or Nigel Pearson what on earth, short of an extremely heavy bang on the head, would make you think Wednesday would be a good career move?

I know it's DC but he needs to sell the mission for this season is stay up.

Then a proper plan put in place starting next season for the next 10 years 

Howe has done that before and Pearson has helped teams stay up before.

2 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

A plan for the next 10 years? I’d be amazed if DC had a plan for the next 10 minutes

Edited by beswetherick
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, sethman75 said:

Aye the dream scenario would be for DC to sell up at the start of 2021, new owners implement short-term fixes to keep us up then sell a Howe/Pearson type on a long-term vision for the club and we go from there.

However, I'm afraid this is Wednesday, so there's nothing optimism like that will bring you other than disappointment :Chansiri:

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

A plan for the next 10 years? I’d be amazed if DC had a plan for the next 10 minutes

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Aye the dream scenario would be for DC to sell up at the start of 2021, new owners implement short-term fixes to keep us up then sell a Howe/Pearson type on a long-term vision for the club and we go from there.

However, I'm afraid this is Wednesday, so there's nothing optimism like that will bring you other than disappointment :Chansiri:

It's what a proper owner would do, alas we are stuck with DC.

He needs to put someone in place to keep us up this season then sell next year.

Best case scenario