Next manager odds

48 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Who ever comes in, Cook or any one else, will have to work with the players Chansiri gives him, not the players he wants.

Which will somewhat narrow down the field of managers who would be interested in coming here 

• Like 1

Get Paul Cook in, should have got the job instead of Pulis but didn't even get interviewed, what the f.. k is going on. DC and his side kicks are totally clueless. 

Poet went to shade odds on but now drifted out a little and has been replaced by Torsten Fink as favourite.

He is best priced at 2-1.

This happened in last hour entered as about 3rd favourite then drifted. Basically somebody has heard something and had a punt and he is keen on job according to Star.

It would not surprise me if we ended up with a very odd selection in fact expect it.

Fink has not enjoyed much success in career. He did win two cups in his last job in Japan. Knowing nothing about Japanese football I am not sure quality of these successes. He was middle of road manager in second tier football countries. To me benefit of getting a Northern European manager is they ho league and may be able to source good player or two on cheap.

This guy has not worked in Germany for years and has been in Asia for 12 months. He would need British coach as part of team to help him as no time to learn on job.

If we do go for him it shows DC has learned nothing from previous appointments

Would much rather have a Paul Cook type. We do not go for managers in work and think he is about best out of work we could possibly obtain.

33 minutes ago, Quist said:

Poet went to shade odds on but now drifted out a little and has been replaced by Torsten Fink as favourite.

He is best priced at 2-1.

This happened in last hour entered as about 3rd favourite then drifted. Basically somebody has heard something and had a punt and he is keen on job according to Star.

It would not surprise me if we ended up with a very odd selection in fact expect it.

Fink has not enjoyed much success in career. He did win two cups in his last job in Japan. Knowing nothing about Japanese football I am not sure quality of these successes. He was middle of road manager in second tier football countries. To me benefit of getting a Northern European manager is they ho league and may be able to source good player or two on cheap.

This guy has not worked in Germany for years and has been in Asia for 12 months. He would need British coach as part of team to help him as no time to learn on job.

If we do go for him it shows DC has learned nothing from previous appointments

Would much rather have a Paul Cook type. We do not go for managers in work and think he is about best out of work we could possibly obtain.

How are Barnsley doing with a foreign coach that they threw straight into English football with no experience?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Wasn't Marco Silva considered last time? Perhaps DC will go back in for him?

Can see it being a foreign coach this time. Not against it, just it tends to be hit or miss. Personally, I'd like it to be given to a lower league manager or someone like Paul Cook but I don't think that's in DC's style. Whoever, gets it, I hope they're more attack minded. Thorsten Fink, seems interesting going by his record but not sure if we'll be in store for a Carlos type reign or another Jos reign. 

However, it seems the best we can hope for is to get lucky with a leftfield appointment. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, s29wfc said:

How are Barnsley doing with a foreign coach that they threw straight into English football with no experience?

I am not saying all foreign coaches are bad. The guy at Barnsley is doing well. Huddersfield also went for Bielsa's assistant who is doing a decent job at Huddersfield. These guys are young and hungry and contrast in the football they played with how we played under Pulis was marked when we played these clubs. 

Some of names mentioned for us have been car crashes at other Championship clubs which is not good recommendation. With Fink he is so far removed from what Championship is think he would need somebody with some Championship know how to help him. The leagues he has managed in recently bear no resemblance to way football played in Championship. Japanese league has lots of aging stars whose legs have gone so resembles walking football. Swiss and Austrian leagues have a couple of ok teams and rest on low level.