Chansiri

In no way do I hate Chansiri. I think he’s tried his best, he’s put his money in but has ultimately failed and doesn’t know how to turn it around. People can say he’s been badly advised, but no one knows that. He’s the one making the final decision and all this is his mess.

Many people have been shouting from rooftops for him to get advisors around him. Don't think he has any. People have been calling out for that for much of his tenure. Think he advises himself. Must be ego or something. Every management appointment as ended up a disaster. Even the better form ones, at the end of the day, turned out to be big failures (Carlos and Bruce). Hiked up all the prices, sold the ground, stuffed up the accounts and got us the points deduction. Other stuff besides like the George Hirst fiasco, and rumours he's picking the team etc. And what moves on building the academy etc? And what was the plan going into this season? An explaination would be nice. And he's not open with the fans. He hardly communicates anything. The first mistake was getting rid of Stuart Gray and its all rolled from there. I reckon there will be more little bomb shells to arrive our way as time advances. Its appearing not to be a good move now having DC move in on us. Unless he can turn the ship for us. But on the form book, I wouldn't have a wager on it. 

• Like 4

I've had enough of the Chansiri era now. I would rather be poor but support a club with transparency.

The lack of empathy for the fans has been shown so much as of late. Overpriced season tickets, kits no one getting their season ticket refund neither. It's not a nice club to be around.

We need leadership from top to bottom. 

• Like 5

Totally agree with the OP. The only reason we are where we are right now is down to DC. He gambled after Wembley on the wrong players and we are paying the price still. Not only with the creative accounting but also other things going on behind the scenes like wages etc.

You can’t hope to have a good season when you lose so many players in the Summer but because of the points deduction aren’t able to recruit the way you want. Monk wasn’t the answer and Pulis won’t be able to bring in the players he wants in Jan so expect more of the same.

Not sure Klopp could get a tune out of our lot right now. No real recognised strikers (yes including Rhodes in that), no strength in midfield and a defence which includes the like of Van Aken and Odubajo won’t get us up the league.

Add to that the fact we have no true leaders in the team which is apparent now more than ever. Bannan ‘could’ be a skipper in a team winning week in and week out but we need a leader to galvanise as we are in a relegation dogfight.

38 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Am I right in thinking he’s said in the past if the fans don’t want him he’ll sell up?

Surely that time has come now?!

There is zero point in wanting new players, or wanting a new manager while ever Chansiri is still making the decisions. 

The time came at the end of last season

This is what happens when as a fan base you lap things up. 

Changed the badge.

Chnaged the shirts. 
Started charging an absolute fortune tickets, merchandise you name it. 
Ignores FFP rules. 

What do our fans do? Lap it all up, bow down to him and this is where it gets you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If you're willing to learn, you can only be badly advised for so long. At some point you have to change tac and get individuals into the club who know how to run the thing properly. You don't keep saying I don't need this or I don't need that because I have advisors. Who are these advisors? because from where I'm sat they appear truely awful & poor at their jobs.

It's like trying to make real Yorkshire puddings without eggs. It can't be done. 

Ah, but I don't need eggs.

Why the fizz are these puddings not rising? have you got eggs in the mix? No, Ah there's your problem.

Next batch.

Why are these puddings not rising?

You put eggs in them?

No

bangs head against wall.

The man does not appear IMHO to want to learn.  We are going to go from manager to manager. Player to  player unless we fluke it, or DC actually realises that no matter how hard you may try, you can't make the puddings without some damn eggs.

• Like 1

This situation we find ourselves in in 100% down to Chansiri. He’s the one who ultimately signs off on the managers, signings and everything else in the club. What has he brought to the club that has made us in anyway better.

He’s priced people out with his ticket pricing in respect to both casual and hospitality. He’s alienated club legends. He’s screwed us to the wall with his FFP schemes. He’s stumbled for one bad management appointment to another. He’s done nothing to improve the clubs infrastructure. He can’t attract or refuses to deal with a decent sponsor. He’s sold our ground. Every year he makes a balls up of releasing the kit. He’s done nothing to improve the facilities at the ground. The man is an utter joke.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marshy said:

If you're willing to learn, you can only be badly advised for so long. At some point you have to change tac and get individuals into the club who know how to run the thing properly. You don't keep saying I don't need this or I don't need that because I have advisors. Who are these advisors? because from where I'm sat they appear truely awful & poor at their jobs.

It's like trying to make real Yorkshire puddings without eggs. It can't be done. 

Ah, but I don't need eggs.

Why the fizz are these puddings not rising? have you got eggs in the mix? No, Ah there's your problem.

Next batch.

Why are these puddings not rising?

You put eggs in them?

No

bangs head against wall.

The man does not appear IMHO to want to learn.  We are going to go from manager to manager. Player to  player unless we fluke it, or DC actually realises that no matter how hard you may try, you can't make the puddings without some damn eggs.

Depends if the advisor is really 'just' an advisor

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop