Chansiri

TBH DC has put his money where his mouth is. True he has made numerous bad decisions but he has had some bad luck. Everybody was saying TP was a safe pair of hands if a somewhat an uninspiring appointment, this has proved to be only half true so far.

Injuries to players, Iorfa yesterday and about ten long term casualties under Josh and many on other occasions has cost him an absolute fortune in wages, not to mention the coronavirus outbreak. IMO I'm surprised he hasn't said enough is enough already yet he continues to pay the bills. It's all very sad, with the right advice DC could have taken us to where Wolves are now.

Guest Grandad
7 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

So injuries are bad management and Covid was avoidable ?

To be fair - we sacked an entirely decent team of physios that knew the club inside out.

And employed a new set that weren't even sufficiently qualified to go onto the pitch on a matchday - and we had to employ a matchday physio to do that role.

Thats  not bad luck. Its incompetence

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Ah I see what you mean now - sorry mate I misunderstood and thought you were talking about stuff that didn't affect every chairman in the country

I think the number of injuries we've had over the last three years or so have been well above what can reasonably expected particularly in the Jos era. Bruce also commented on the situation as being a major concern.

Just now, Grandad said:

To be fair - we sacked an entirely decent team of physios that knew the club inside out.

And employed a new set that weren't even sufficiently qualified to go onto the pitch on a matchday - and we had to employ a matchday physio to do that role.

Thats  not bad luck. Its incompetence

Maybe the replacements were no better, I don't know but why was it felt  necessary to replace the original team?

Always makes me laugh when he makes these wild claims about how much money he's spent. I suspect the £350 million claim is a bit far fetched but even so how is claiming you've spent that much money and making a football club worse something to be proud of? Like he's putting a number on his own incompetency.

• Like 1

Yes it’s not bad luck when you (consistently) hire the wrong people, and sign inadequate players.

After Carlos’ first season we needed to sign a CB, DM and wide player.  Brighton had spent £10m on Duffy, Kayal and Knockaert,  we spent a reported £18m on Abdi, Reach and Rhodes in that season.  Not to mention all the other players. 

When you have people in charge who don’t understand football this is the mess you get left with sadly.  Respect to Chansiri for trying,  but I wouldn’t try to run a business I know nothing about without hiring people who do 

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I think the number of injuries we've had over the last three years or so have been well above what can reasonably expected particularly in the Jos era. Bruce also commented on the situation as being a major concern.

Someone posted a league table of injuries in the Championship the other day

We were mid table

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Pullis will go in the summer,take his money and check out,made his retirement fund fatter by 2M,Chansiri  is just a complete disaster hel crash the club into the floor at high speed.

Just pish off pal,youve not got a clue what your doing,and its by no means a minority old lad that feel the same

Yep.

This is how I see it panning out.

Pulis will know a sucker when he sees one. Easy money this.

If he turns it around then great, but likewise he still gets handsomely rewarded and can bugger off if not.

I can imagine that the excuses are already getting lined up.

Unfortunately, the club is such a joke that the excuses will be completely valid, irrespective of whether Pulis is really putting his all in.

Edited by SiJ
  • Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
20 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Maybe the replacements were no better, I don't know but why was it felt  necessary to replace the original team?

It's a while back but I think Carlos had an issue with them insisting players weren't ready to return when he wanted them to play

Which led to recurring injuries

23 minutes ago, swfcAH said:

Always makes me laugh when he makes these wild claims about how much money he's spent. I suspect the £350 million claim is a bit far fetched but even so how is claiming you've spent that much money and making a football club worse something to be proud of? Like he's putting a number on his own incompetency.

I’d file that £350m claim alongside the one about fans on social media ruining a £100m plus sponsorship deal, him only putting money into the club to avoid relegation and him never really wanting Steve Bruce as manager.

All my opinion of course.

• Like 2

Inept

Naive

Inexperienced

Stubborn

Rubbish

Clueless

Continue on this path and he'll dob be remembered as the worst chairman in history driving us down the league's whole paying premiership prices for national league football

Absolutely criminal

What a complete shambles

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Hornsby
6 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

TBH DC has put his money where his mouth is. True he has made numerous bad decisions but he has had some bad luck. Everybody was saying TP was a safe pair of hands if a somewhat an uninspiring appointment, this has proved to be only half true so far.

Injuries to players, Iorfa yesterday and about ten long term casualties under Josh and many on other occasions has cost him an absolute fortune in wages, not to mention the coronavirus outbreak. IMO I'm surprised he hasn't said enough is enough already yet he continues to pay the bills. It's all very sad, with the right advice DC could have taken us to where Wolves are now.

First, he has only put loans into club.

With £90 million rent now and owning stadium personally, he's now making a mint.

Profit will be about £40 million for him.

Only fans are really funding this mess.