We're down... I've accepted it

Bar a miracle, we are going down.

I said it after the Norwich game.

These players aren't good enough. By and large they lack ability and the mental fortitude to even be remotely successful.

What is remarkable is that the gap between us and safety is nothing really (4 points) and yet I still think we've got zero chance. 

If we leave it until the end of the window like normal then YES we are down.

I'm wanting to see 4-5 new faces in between 1st->7th Jan or Im falling out with Chansiri.

We should be planning those incomings behind the scenes now.

Edited by OwlerIT

Just looking forward to some optimisim next year. A new squad, younger players actually hungry for success. A team hopefully fighting for promotion.

Will be a lot more interesting than the dross we've had the past few seasons.

Imagine Pulis will be given the chance to get us back up, but he'll have to start well to avoid calls for his head.

I don’t think the January window is important at all, I think it’s pretty irrelevant with Chansiri still running the show.  Best outcome might be selling Reach and Bannan (let’s face it they won’t sign new contracts) to fund purchases of younger players with League One in mind.  Can’t see that happening under Chansiri / Pulis, far more likely to pay through the nose on a couple of loan deals late in the day for ageing and unfit Premier League players in decline.

The club is a total shambles and a part of me would welcome relegation if it prompted Chansiri to have a fundamental rethink or sell the club.  In reality, I fear a visit to League Two is more likely.

1 hour ago, Ronio said:

Personally I'm going to wait and see what our January transfer activity is going to be like before writing the season off.  

By the time January comes round we’ll need top 6 form to have a chance of staying up and even then it’d be close 

I interpreted some of Pulis' comments since he arrived as "we're no good" and "it wont get better until after xmas" - was he covering his arse a bit in advance of the inevitable. Based on his negativity I took the 3-1 on offer for relegation, it looks an absolute steal now.

I don't want it us to go down, but we may have to suffer a bit more before something positive happens (change of ownership ?) to turn this club around.

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

Not giving up yet you big girls. Going to need some ambition on Jan 1 though. 

Unfortunately like most clubs our transfer incomings will most likely be at the end of January.  We've 9 league matches before then & could be well adrift from safety by then on current form.

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Yes, I'm sure there will be lots of people reminding me there's still about half a season left to play 

But I've accepted it now. This squad is finished.

I've said it before we were down when we gave Monk this season to rebuild our team after losing our high earners. The right man should have been appointed in the summer, we couldn't afford not to and now we are going to pay the price for yet another incompetent decision from the man at the top DC.