Anyone else really looking forward to the next match?

I can’t say I’m looking forward to any game at the moment. I’m paying my ‘tenner’ to watch the games on ifollow but it’s a very tough watch. 

I’ll take a 0-0 result tomorrow without question. Just hope we can keep picking up some points and hopefully we can dip into the market in January and bring in some attacking players to give us a better chance of playing a more expansive brand of football and a chance of scoring goals.

• Like 1

I always look forward to games. I don’t even know why but I do. 
I am a bit more interested with Pulis at the helm to see how we will play. 
Yes I found the Stoke game very very dull. 
That’s not the same as hating it though. It’s still watching Wednesday which always has some point, to me anyway. 
I suppose the fact that it’s on screen and the logistical process of watching is basically nipping upstairs is in its own way helpful (and cheaper). The beers are cheaper and the queue for pies isn’t as long. 
I miss match day and the ground itself but investing £10 in not talking to the wife for a couple of hours is still worth it for me. 
Joao returning adds a tiny bit of extra spice I guess but not enough to change my prediction of.....

0-0

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh definitely

Although and I might be in the minority here (which is fine) I didn't hate the last match as much as everyone else seemed to

I quite enjoyed watching it, watching the new tactics, new defence etc

I thought the last game was poor as a spectacle, 2 sides cancelled each other out and neither had the ability to break the other down. Having said that to cancel out a good side is an achievement in it's own right.

I'm hoping for more but it's early days and we will need to find a way to score goals. That could be set pieces which we don't normally take advantage of or getting the midfield to flood forward. If you don't have attackers you need the midfield to do the job. Hopefully we can get attacking reinforcements in the next window.

• Thanks 1

Totally, yes.

At present I’m really enjoying our tightness thru midfield and defence. I’m pleased he’s got Harris and Reach wide. I’m actually happy we are putting the ball into the box from throw-ins, which were previously hopeless.

Im also pleased that everyone has a clean slate. There’s players not featuring that personally I would, but it’s obvious that nobody is out of the picture.

Of course goals would be welcome, but I’m confident it will come. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh definitely

Although and I might be in the minority here (which is fine) I didn't hate the last match as much as everyone else seemed to

I quite enjoyed watching it, watching the new tactics, new defence etc

I did too, I believe we got more out of that game than Stoke did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

My mistake - 't'other side of the bridge -  Cardiff.

All the same down there.

Yes I long for those games .

Also how the progressive Monk had us playing against, Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe, we were desperately unlucky in those games especially Rotherham, how we kept it down to 3 was a tactical masterpiece 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Yes I long for those games .

Also how the progressive Monk had us playing against, Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe, we were desperately unlucky in those games especially Rotherham, how we kept it down to 3 was a tactical masterpiece 

Goalie had a stinker vs Rotherham.

we had one bad week this season under Monk.   

we will have many bad weeks under the new manager. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

It’s just gonna be a repeat of the Stoke game. 

Not complaining and I’m being realistic, but I just don’t see us scoring from open play. 

Be solid defensively, and try to nick a goal or two from set pieces.

To be fair given the resources he has to choose from that’s how it’s going to be until January and hopefully a goal scorer or two come in

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

The handsome wins against quality teams like Bournemouth and Bristol under the young, progressive Garry Monk now seem a world away.   After 10 points in a week and being on course to stay up, we have taken a huge backwards step by changing managers.

I am looking forward to the match, as it is one match closer to the manager being fired and us trying to undo the damage he will undoubtedly cause.

That’s the spirit. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Goalie had a stinker vs Rotherham.

we had one bad week this season under Monk.   

we will have many bad weeks under the new manager. 

Who picked the keeper ? 

If we have a 3 match run like that against bottom half teams under Pulis I will donate £100.00 to Sheffield children’s hospital if you do the same if we don’t 

deal ?

• Like 3