Anyone else really looking forward to the next match?

I was looking forward to the Stoke game and for most of the reasons the OP mentions. I enjoyed the Swansea game and was encouraged by the way we played for most of the game.

But though there was a lot of hard work and endeavour in the Stoke game it was an utterly atrocious game of football, so I suppose I'm a little less enthused about facing Reading now.

Having said that, despite Reading's potent attack, I'm optimistic about getting some kind of result. I just don't expect it to be much of a viewing spectacle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I am

Am looking forward to seeing the starting lineup, the formation, to see who’s up front, to seeing another quality performance in defence and another clean sheet and then to see if any improvements have been introduced with things like getting the ball forward faster on counter attacks etc

Every game brings new improvements and I’m looking forward to the next match bug time

Id lost a bit of that excited expectation under Monk but the new start with Pulis is fascinating 

Your a strange egg. I understand the drudgery is necessary, going back to basics has to happen, and eventually we will be an effective side, but god its hard to watch right now. 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Your a strange egg. I understand the drudgery is necessary, going back to basics has to happen, and eventually we will be an effective side, but god its hard to watch right now. 🙂

Oh definitely

Although and I might be in the minority here (which is fine) I didn't hate the last match as much as everyone else seemed to

I quite enjoyed watching it, watching the new tactics, new defence etc

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I’m looking forwards to it. It will be good to see if we can keep another clean sheet against another high scoring side. If we can, it should mean the team start to build confidence. Going into games knowing there is a good chance that only one goal is likely to get you some points must be encouraging for the players. 

I know we weren’t conceding many under Monk but there were times in games where I thought we looked disorganised & got away with it. So far, under Pulis, we look tighter.

Overall I think we have conceded 7-8 goals whilst we have had 11 men on the pitch so I can see some real positives.

• Thanks 1

The handsome wins against quality teams like Bournemouth and Bristol under the young, progressive Garry Monk now seem a world away.   After 10 points in a week and being on course to stay up, we have taken a huge backwards step by changing managers.

I am looking forward to the match, as it is one match closer to the manager being fired and us trying to undo the damage he will undoubtedly cause.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2020 at 17:17, Athelwulf said:

Yes, but it wasn't just this side.

We had Fletcher, Forestieri and Hooper in there too.

We've sold the quality off, that's why we're poo.

We didn't sell them off, they mostly got injured and sat festering in the back like spoiled fish till thier contracts expired.

Apart from Fletcher who we tried to keep but got a better offer.

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The handsome wins against quality teams like Bournemouth and Bristol under the young, progressive Garry Monk now seem a world away.   After 10 points in a week and being on course to stay up, we have taken a huge backwards step by changing managers.

I am looking forward to the match, as it is one match closer to the manager being fired and us trying to undo the damage he will undoubtedly cause.

We lost to Bristol 2-0.

• Haha 2