Gotta feel sorry for Rhodes

22 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Exactly this.

Its a calculated message.

”Just look. I’ve nobody! You have to buy me a top striker and now!”

I don’t like it, because I like Rhodes, but I do understand it.

As if DC watches our matches - I have it on good authority he was watching the darts yesterday afternoon 

• Haha 2

Actually  , there's a few things going on here isn't there? 

Was Pulis right to 'sub the sub' and destroy any last crumbs of confidence Rhodes has -  No. 

Is Jordan Rhodes still terrible , as he has been since he joined us - Yes 

Should Jordan Rhodes start whenever he's fit , as he's no worse than any other of our loosely named 'attackers '  - Probably Yes.

This isn't the worse striker situation in my Wednesday lifetime. I've seen us play Tony Crane up front for a few games. 

That's it..Van Aken up front! Go for it! 

• Like 2

Can't be bothered reading 15 pages.

I noticed Pulis said in his presser it was a decision made for the team and that he'd have a chat with him on Monday.

I don't see any issue with that and i'm sure he'll be nothing but honest with Rhodes when he talks to him today.

What's the general consensus in the thread?

Pulis right or wrong?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Actually  , there's a few things going on here isn't there? 

Was Pulis right to 'sub the sub' and destroy any last crumbs of confidence Rhodes has -  No. 

Is Jordan Rhodes still terrible , as he has been since he joined us - Yes 

Should Jordan Rhodes start whenever he's fit , as he's no worse than any other of our loosely named 'attackers '  - Probably Yes.

This isn't the worse striker situation in my Wednesday lifetime. I've seen us play Tony Crane up front for a few games. 

That's it..Van Aken up front! Go for it! 

Van Aken slips more than Joao did. Could look like an ice-dancing duo on Wednesday evening.

• Haha 2

On 28/11/2020 at 17:47, swfc-dan said:

He's done bugger all to deserve his place in the team, over the past few years!

I love this logical leap..

He spent a year not at the club and then being left out by the worst manager we've had in 15 years.. and you blame the payer for "not doing enough"

Genius!

3 minutes ago, cookeh said:

He spent a year not at the club and then being left out by the worst manager we've had in 15 years.. and you blame the payer for "not doing enough"

Genius!

To be fair he has been left out by every manager here and at Middlesbrough 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Genius!

He was binned by every manager we've had since he's been here, apart from Bruce who didn't have the luxury of being able to bin him. 

• Haha 1

Guest Hornsby

Pulis has to make a major mark quickly on the rancid culture of our club.

Rhodes is now finished, and his lucrative contracts after June. 

Others too that don't perform.

Rhodes hasn't worked out for us massively. Turning in to the worst transfer we;ve ever made in terms of outlay in cash

He wasn't wanted by many yet the chairman thought fit to buy him anyway and completely wasting a massive chunk of transfer budget on him as well. And anyone that agrees with his "I did it as the fans were calling for him" want their ******** heads checking. What experience chairman brings in a 8m gamble when we had a flurry on expensive talent on the books already. Fcks sake

I don't agree with Pulis hooking him off neither .. Should have taken Patterson off, or moved him in to midfield and brought someone else off and let Rhodes see out the game. Changing the game changed nothing. Absolutely nothing.

BUT I really hope Pulis still has Rhodes in his thoughts and continues to play him. He can't be any worse than what garbage Patterson, Windass and Kachunga have dished up

Jesus wept, we are bereft of talent up front and in midfield ...

What the fizz have we become ...

• Love 3

21 hours ago, tomhollywood said:

Can't be bothered reading 15 pages.

I noticed Pulis said in his presser it was a decision made for the team and that he'd have a chat with him on Monday.

I don't see any issue with that and i'm sure he'll be nothing but honest with Rhodes when he talks to him today.

What's the general consensus in the thread?

Pulis right or wrong?

Same about reading 15 pages, I read a few. Here are my thoughts. I thought it was wrong for Pulis to do it, especially in our situation. The only thing I can see why he did it is because Rhodes didn't follow the tactics/plan. I think he's kinda lying on the made for the team comment, why publicly destroy probably one of the last chances Rhodes has with us ect. and also bring Brown on who did nothing compared with him?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Rhodes hasn't worked out for us massively. Turning in to the worst transfer we;ve ever made in terms of outlay in cash

He wasn't wanted by many yet the chairman thought fit to buy him anyway and completely wasting a massive chunk of transfer budget on him as well. And anyone that agrees with his "I did it as the fans were calling for him" want their ******** heads checking. What experience chairman brings in a 8m gamble when we had a flurry on expensive talent on the books already. Fcks sake

I don't agree with Pulis hooking him off neither .. Should have taken Patterson off, or moved him in to midfield and brought someone else off and let Rhodes see out the game. Changing the game changed nothing. Absolutely nothing.

BUT I really hope Pulis still has Rhodes in his thoughts and continues to play him. He can't be any worse than what garbage Patterson, Windass and Kachunga have dished up

Jesus wept, we are bereft of talent up front and in midfield ...

What the fizz have we become ...

Great post , mate. 

I can't think of a worse signing- some might say Abdi, but supporters were behind him and his time here was destroyed by injury..hardly his fault. You can also argue that in his rare appearances he looked quality. 

Rhodes - well I've never known such a large number of posters be against a signing to start with, he's cost us way more. 

I appreciate that most of us wouldn't do the same job for less money,  but Rhodes is a millionaire and could have taken a haircut to save his career and play. I think lack of ambition and greed has turned supporters against him as much as his awful performances.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I think lack of ambition and greed has turned supporters against him as much as his awful performances.  

You have totally made that up mate

Lack of ambition?

Greed?

Chansiri has knocked back all offers for him. How then is he supposed to move elsewhere when the chairmans put him in chains and padlocks?

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

I think lack of ambition and greed has turned supporters against him as much as his awful performances.  

I am always very respectful that people have strong held views and have every right to express them. 
In this particular case though I find anyone making a statement like the above a bit nonsensical.

Rhodes didn’t sign himself to Sheffield Wednesday.

He didn’t force anyone to either pay him what he is being paid. 
He isn’t dropping himself or picking other players ahead of himself. 
He can’t sell himself to another club. 
He can’t loan himself to another club. 
He is available to play for Sheffield Wednesday.

Why would anyone, however rich they are or aren’t just take a massive pay cut based on circumstances they are not responsible for? Particularly when it’s not even within their own power to instigate that pay cut?

It doesn’t make any sense. 

I thought the move at the time was crazy and it clearly hasn’t worked out. 

But to suggest it’s his own fault for being greedy and selfish just doesn’t sit right with me. 

👍 Thumbs up Jordan

• Like 3