Gotta feel sorry for Rhodes

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Confirmation bias, by the laws of averageone or two would get through to him but no and the reason why is that he doesn't read the position as well as he used to, some where along the journey he's lost the knack. 

I thought I'd told you to stop talking rubbish.

2 minutes ago, markg said:

Cant believe fans are backing a player who has continuously let us down over an experienced manager that knows football inside out. 

If a youngster had had as much game time over last 3.1/2 seasons as Rhodes has had and produced the same level of performance people would be slaughtering him.

Strange how people make allowances and excuses for big money signings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

manager brings on a sub ,after 35 minutes manager realises he's made a mistake and subs the sub ...whats wrong with that  ?.....be poor manager who  just let it go  on the strength of not  wanting to  admit he made the wrong decision . 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

There is absolutely no one who thinks Rhodes is more crap than me but I think it was completely wrong what Tony did today. No need at all. Completely ruined an already fragile minded player. I want to know the reason for making this sub for Izzy Brown? Only reason, it was a statement to DC. 

Ruined...not scored a goal in 27 consecutive appearances at Hillsboro. 

I doubt Pulis can be blamed for the reasons Rhodes hasn’t cut it here.

32 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Offers nothing in a side thst creates nothing going forward.

I remember the evening he signed, we played Bristol City away and we were fantastic continually pouring forward, how the game ended 2-2 was criminal. 
He came into that team and failed, didn’t even want to take a penalty in the play off semi. The guy has not produced in any team or formation since he signed, lovely lad but a signing that’s just not worked please stop making the problem a recent thing

• Thanks 1

I felt for Rhodes to. But he must have been not doing what pulis wanted him to do. If not pulis should be the person gutted as he made a mistake bringing Rhodes on. 

Can't remember Rhodes touching the ball. So if he wasn't doing what pulis wanted it must have been Rhodes off the ball positioning. Rhodes put the effort in. I can only think pulis wants Rhodes on the last man all the time. 

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

I felt for Rhodes to. But he must have been not doing what pulis wanted him to do. If not pulis should be the person gutted as he made a mistake bringing Rhodes on. 

pulis should be gutted if he hadnt realised his mistake and left him on .........all managers make mistakes its the ones that dont rectify the mistakes  that are open to criticism .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Definitely.

Hes not as poor as the other two.

Two , you named four .

Maybe Tone will play him , I don’t know our options are very limited 

but one thing I do know is that Rhodes is a poor player, I see nothing in him that improves us and that has been the way since we signed him 

horrific signing 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cowl said:

Irrespective of whether you feel sorry for Rhodes or not, what about Rhodes' 40 minutes surprised Pulis such that he felt the need to bring him off?

It will be because Rhodes didn’t deliver in those 40 minutes. The Rhodes of 7 or 8 years ago has long departed. He’s a spent force. 

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Two , you named four .

Maybe Tone will play him , I don’t know our options are very limited 

but one thing I do know is that Rhodes is a poor player, I see nothing in him that improves us and that has been the way since we signed him 

horrific signing 

And DC blamed us for wanting him..no wonder he seems to hate us 😂

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Definitely.

Hes not as poor as the other two.

Another answer is that our mate has proven himself to be poor for a very long time. He was nowhere near prolific in a team that created chances.

The new players have been starved of chances, but we don't know what they would  be like in a more creative team. Yes, a bit of straw clutching, but do you /does anyone really believe Rhodes would score more than a handful of goals if he played to the end of the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

It will be because Rhodes didn’t deliver in those 40 minutes. The Rhodes of 7 or 8 years ago has long departed. He’s a spent force. 

Yes, obviously.

But the puzzlement is why Pulis thought Rhodes could do that particular job that he just doesn't, and never has done.

• Like 1