Gotta feel sorry for Rhodes

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, zzmdu said:

He's not milking it. Its the conclusion of the contract SWFC offered him 

Yes I know.but he must have realised for last 2 years he has no future here...I thought footballers ‘just wanted to play football’..I’m sure if he wer more flexible on his wages he could have engineered a move away..somewhere  he could play every week

I was surprised when it happened and it certainly didn’t change the game by bringing Brown on for him. 
I don’t really know what was trying to be achieved by taking him off so can’t really make any judgment as to if it had the effect Pulis wanted. 
Maybe I shouldn’t feel sorry for a bloke who has made more money than I’ll make in my lifetime since signing for us but I do. 
I expect him to retire after his contract expires. 
And who can blame him?

No sentiments in football. Never known a player be forgiven as much as rhodes. Hes gone and past it. Sajd it before several hundred times, football moves on, he hasn't adapted. Nice guy but not good enough. TP is the manager and I'm assuming JR wasn't being as affective as he should be or not doing what TP set him out to do. Tough, work harder. 

I did feel for Rhodes today but I admire Pulis for actually trying to change the dynamic of the game , we need a experienced manager who is not afraid to take tough decisions, Rhodes is clearly a spent force and his lack of attempt to get to the first couple of balls that came his way was embarrassing, just ducking out of challenges 

Every manager has given Rhodes a chance only to bin him off 

He was unbelievably poor signing brought here by I believe some influence from his father. 
I really don’t know where he will go from here probably to a obscure foreign side or retire 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, vulva said:

As a new manager, the best time to make big decisions and tough calls is at the start. You’re effectively bombproof. He’s done that today on purpose. I just wonder if the only reason Pulis took this job is because he told DC that it’s his way, or no way.

Pulis is the closest we will get to Warnock without appointing Warnock. This isn’t going to be pretty, but it could well be effective. We haven’t got the finance to football our way out of this league and a method manager makes perfect sense. 

We will stop up. Pulis will grind results out and results will pick up after January where I expect us to sign some impact players. The big test is the summer transfer window. We rid ourselves of a number of the last big earners. Pulis has got a very lucrative clean piece of paper. Our recruitment in the summer is as important as it’s ever been for this football club. We simply have to get it right this time. 

Good post

I would also add that this sends a message out to the players as well. If you don't perform the job that I ask you to do you won't play.

27 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Yes I know.but he must have realised for last 2 years he has no future here...I thought footballers ‘just wanted to play football’..I’m sure if he wer more flexible on his wages he could have engineered a move away..somewhere  he could play every week

The reality is we were daft enough to agree to pay him £46k a week for 4 years.

What would another lower Championship club or L1 club offer to pay, 6 grand. 

33 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I loved it when we signed Rhodes.  Most of us did.  He’s been absolutelywank apart from the odd game.

Fuckhisfeelings and the rest of the other wasters who’ve been nicking a living.

This.  Rhodes has had a huge amount of goodwill and sympathy from the majority of the Wednesday fanbase (myself included) for years and has consistently not delivered. 

Of all the players the last few years I feel has been hard done by, Rhodes isn't one of them unfortunately. If taking him off is for the better of them team so be it. Hardly like he's been in red hot form recently. 

• Like 3

People feeling sorry for a multi millionaire footballer who's sh*t scared to even take a penalty kick. Hiding at the back hoping his colleagues will do his job for him.

He's beyond useless and hopefully we'll never see him in a Wednesday shirt again.

Didn't take Pulis long to figure out he's well and truly past his sell by date ... Well done TP.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

People feeling sorry for a multi millionaire footballer who's sh*t scared to even take a penalty kick. Hiding at the back hoping his colleagues will do his job for him.

He's beyond useless and hopefully we'll never see him in a Wednesday shirt again.

Didn't take Pulis long to figure out he's well and truly past his sell by date ... Well done TP.

All of the above, close thread.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Rubbish, again you highlight your ignorance of the beautiful game.  I am done with your inane wittering, be off with you and bother me no more. 

Stop talking rubbish and I'll stop bothering you.

Check out the Swansea highlights.

Reach shoots high and wide while Rhodes has peeled off to the right away from his man.

Odubajo dribbles to the byline, Rhodes has again peeled off into a similar position to where Reach scored.

Reach dribbles to the edge of the box and is tackled , Rhodes has again lost his marker and peeled off to the right.

There are plenty of other instances like this every game.

2 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Stop talking rubbish and I'll stop bothering you.

Check out the Swansea highlights.

Reach shoots high and wide while Rhodes has peeled off to the right away from his man.

Odubajo dribbles to the byline, Rhodes has again peeled off into a similar position to where Reach scored.

Reach dribbles to the edge of the box and is tackled , Rhodes has again lost his marker and peeled off to the right.

There are plenty of other instances like this every game.

Seeing what you want to see

There is absolutely no one who thinks Rhodes is more crap than me but I think it was completely wrong what Tony did today. No need at all. Completely ruined an already fragile minded player. I want to know the reason for making this sub for Izzy Brown? Only reason, it was a statement to DC. 

Just now, Emilianenko said:

Most of it on Youtube for all to see.

Or not to see if you don't want educating. Only trying to help you.

Confirmation bias, by the laws of averageone or two would get through to him but no and the reason why is that he doesn't read the position as well as he used to, some where along the journey he's lost the knack.