Wednesday - V - Stoke (H) omdt

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

It might be that. 

Moses is one of our quicker players long with Harris, so perhaps he's wary of knackering them out. 

Only reason I can imagine.

He was all over the pitch on Wednesday. Pulis has to manage this group through a tough spell and we already have too many injuries, really can’t afford to be picking up more. Sensible decision to play Harris. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Speaks volumes.”Paterson isn’t a striker”.

Takes a look at Kachunga and Rhodes and hey presto, Paterson is the least bad option left.

What was going on in Monk’s head last window???

Im disappointed. I want Rhodes to get a spell. But it’s not going to happen and Pulis has slightly more of an idea than me. 

Is this you officially giving up on Rhodes then. 

lol

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I would have kept Rhodes in....The team were good first half at Swansea

We were good first half, but can barely remember Rhodes touching the ball. We are so short of options up top. Patterson is probably the best of a bad lot. Thought he played well in midfield against Swansea though. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think he wouldn't be subtle about that.

Rhodes is a puff of wind, Kachunga is Kachunga and that leaves Paterson. Don't see the issue. 

Desperately in need of a couple of forwards before we get cut adrift

Whats Leon Best up to these days?

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I would have kept Rhodes in....The team were good first half at Swansea

Got a feeling that was not due to Jordan. Don't like knocking a player but he seems very slow and ineffective as a lone striker. More a poacher.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’m going to call it and say Shaw’s playing up front. I thought at the start of the season before Paterson arrived that he might get a shot as a target man as he has the height and physique and he has a goalscoring record at both under 23 and 18 level but true to form to$$pot used him as a centre-back.

Pulis has obviously seen the same as I did. Might be a little harsh on Rhodes and Odubajo but Rhodes isn’t a lone frontman and Harris is an out and out winger who will get us up the pitch faster. Decent team selection in my view.

I recon Shaw takes Reach's place. Reach takes Odubajo's place and Harris will lead the line.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Is this you officially giving up on Rhodes then. 

lol

It’s me saying that while I think he’s the least bad striker on our books - better than Windass, Kachunga and Paterson - you don’t buy a dog and bark yourself. Pulis has a clear plan, and I totally accept it doesn’t include Rhodes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Paterson will be up top. He is way more physical than Rhodes and Kachunga. Bannan will break forward more often and so will Harris and Reach.

Come on, Rhodes was like a bunch of cotton wool up front chasing the ball. No point him up top and Kachunga is also a bit lightweight. 

It will be exactly this.

I do feel it is a bit harsh on Rhodes, he didn't offer much as you say but he makes good runs and knows how to play the position in terms of the overall shape of the team. The few games he has started games we have performed well this season.

Kachunga so far has looked like a fish out of water playing the striker role - like a winger not used to playing the position.

We needed to sign a proper striker as an absolute priority and knew this would be the case since January. Instead signed a winger, an off the front man forward type player in Windass and a utility player in Paterson. Great work on the recruitment front.