Wednesday - V - Stoke (H) omdt

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

going to be a very tough game for us next week, another very impressive win for them today. Looking at their squad it really doesn’t look that special but something has clicked for them. 

I know what you mean, but perhaps no household names, but some real quality in Joao, Elario and Olise 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

going to be a very tough game for us next week, another very impressive win for them today. Looking at their squad it really doesn’t look that special but something has clicked for them. 

Cohesion, confidence,  game plan,  things we've been lacking for a while, hopefully TP will change it around.

• Like 1

Just now, full fathom five said:

Absolute disgrace the state of our squad, DC should hang his head in shame the incompetent fool. You need to score goals to win games and that ain't gonna happen regularly enough with this squad no matter how hard Pulis gets them working.

Don’t blame DC. The managers and scouting/recruitment team identify the players 

They clearly thought it’d be no bother having no strikers 

Laughable 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

Absolute disgrace the state of our squad, DC should hang his head in shame the incompetent fool. You need to score goals to win games and that ain't gonna happen regularly enough with this squad no matter how hard Pulis gets them working.

Worst squad in terms of attacking threat in a long time.

Considering the money wasted on fees and wages, it's criminal.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Some on here actually labeled him as a terrible footballer!

He was raw and inconsistent but the talent was clear. I can understand the reason for selling him when we did as it had got to the point where 'needs must' in terms of generating some significant income. However, if the churn of players and recruitment had been managed properly, with his age and ability he would have been one to keep and move others on to generate the funds. 

To be fair I think the move has done him good. I serously doubt he would have cracked on like he has if he was still here. He just got too comfortable, settled in his ways. Now he's had a new challenge and the penny has dropped.

We all knew he was capable and very talented but it was the application that was lacking. Good luck to him, if he'd had a bit more drive he would be a good premiership player by now.e

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Yep, DC is the worst scout we've had for years.  

Informative, Snoots - but I know I'm not alone when I say that I'm looking forward to the return of your interactions with that poo Stubbs and more news of the awful Lady Snoots, too.

After all, Christmas looms large and it wouldn't be the same without extended comic interlocution (that's a big word for an ineducable idiot comme moi😁)

C'mon The Wednesday!