Wednesday - V - Stoke (H) omdt

Speaks volumes.”Paterson isn’t a striker”.

Takes a look at Kachunga and Rhodes and hey presto, Paterson is the least bad option left.

What was going on in Monk’s head last window???

Im disappointed. I want Rhodes to get a spell. But it’s not going to happen and Pulis has slightly more of an idea than me. 

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Another opposing manager calling Bannan one of the best in the division 

Tired of hearing it to be fair,  big game from the skipper to live upto the billing today hopefully,  also fancy Reach to score again ..  TP I think will work very hard to get the Adam Reach back we all know and enjoyed seeing play before Monk absolutely ruined him 

Why are you tired of hearing it? 2015-2017 we had a team around him capable of making the most of his ability and he was able to flourish. He doesn't have the pace or the goal threat to do it on his own but put him in a decent team and he will pull the strings. 

How many goals have we scored this season in which he hasn't been involved in creating it? 

At times it doesn't come off for him and it is disappointing but it is never for lack of effort and nobody else is stepping up and showing they can create regularly and make things tick. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

He put a shift in. 

Tbf to the lad, he's rarely been given a run in the side since he got here. 

I'm not intentionally knocking Rhodes, but Pulis likes pace, power and a threat behind. It's hardly surprising he doesnt fancy Rhodes given he offers none of these things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

Got to say, if monk had announced that team were be calling for his head about now

It’s because of monk that he has to pick that team. Said all through the last window we needed a decent striker but kept being told in the modern game goals come from all over the pitch. I asked from who. Still asking

• Like 1

I’m going to call it and say Shaw’s playing up front. I thought at the start of the season before Paterson arrived that he might get a shot as a target man as he has the height and physique and he has a goalscoring record at both under 23 and 18 level but true to form to$$pot used him as a centre-back.

Pulis has obviously seen the same as I did. Might be a little harsh on Rhodes and Odubajo but Rhodes isn’t a lone frontman and Harris is an out and out winger who will get us up the pitch faster. Decent team selection in my view.