Wednesday - V - Stoke (H) omdt

23 minutes ago, Steelman said:

I take it you don't know what a decent footballer looks like.

He's garbage and how he ever made it as a pro is beyond me. 

You only think he was good because he was so poor for the two previous seasons, last season he looked like a pro for one or two games so you think he was decent because he was starting from such a low point.

If by boo boy you mean players that aren't fit to wear the shirt, I'd start with Pissypussy follwed by Van Acken and Borner. None of those are Championship standard and should be nowhere near the squad.

So I don't know what a decent footballer looks like?  Ok, explain why a club like Stoke City with mega bucks parachute payments would sign him and then play him regularly. 

And don't use names like Megan Fox or pissypussy unless you want people to think you're a ten year old name caller.  Oh, wait......

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

What’s the Hagan kid like? I know he’s quick so could he play that lone striker role - high up on the shoulder of the last man giving them something to think about? 

Think Adedoyin is more likely to feature over Hagan, but neither are in today’s squad.  Only change is Harris has come in for Westwood, in the squad - not on the team sheet 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Think Adedoyin is more likely to feature over Hagan, but neither are in today’s squad.  Only change is Harris has come in for Westwood, in the squad - not on the team sheet 😆

Think both are injured, but are more wide players anyway, although Adedoyin can play more centrally. That’s the problem though, with failing to even recruit strikers for the development squad, we have nobody to call in if we are stretched at first team level, as we are now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

I take it you don't know what a decent footballer looks like.

He's garbage and how he ever made it as a pro is beyond me. 

You only think he was good because he was so poor for the two previous seasons, last season he looked like a pro for one or two games so you think he was decent because he was starting from such a low point.

If by boo boy you mean players that aren't fit to wear the shirt, I'd start with Pissypussy follwed by Van Acken and Borner. None of those are Championship standard and should be nowhere near the squad.

I can almost hear you shouting this post. I think it’s the italic on the ‘think’ that just accelerated the language to give it that extra ‘zip’. 
Anyway, despite my general dislike for the name calling it’s your opinion and you can express it how you choose. 
The bit that actually had me scratching my head was the Borner comment. I thought he had a couple of duff games but he has been good for the last couple and even MoM against Preston. 
Sure maybe he’s not first choice but he surely deserves his place in the squad?

I think getting him for nothing was a good piece of business for the club. 
I like him as a player. 

• Like 1

Pulis’s role for Reach was interesting, playing him more centrally, I thought he had a pretty good game. He’s played there before of course, but I’ve never been convinced, but the fact that Pulis had players showing for the ball meant that there was always a pass on, and usually gaps for him to run into 

Reminded me a little bit of how he used Charlie Adam at Stoke Initially a winger, but converted into a more central player whose long range shooting benefited from him playing inside

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I can almost hear you shouting this post. I think it’s the italic on the ‘think’ that just accelerated the language to give it that extra ‘zip’. 
Anyway, despite my general dislike for the name calling it’s your opinion and you can express it how you choose. 
The bit that actually had me scratching my head was the Borner comment. I thought he had a couple of duff games but he has been good for the last couple and even MoM against Preston. 
Sure maybe he’s not first choice but he surely deserves his place in the squad?

I think getting him for nothing was a good piece of business for the club. 
I like him as a player. 

He’s been quite good last couple of games. 
Not sure he’ll make the starting line up when everyone is fit. If ever ! 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Pulis’s role for Reach was interesting, playing him more centrally, I thought he had a pretty good game. He’s played there before of course, but I’ve never been convinced, but the fact that Pulis had players showing for the ball meant that there was always a pass on, and usually gaps for him to run into 

Reminded me a little bit of how he used Charlie Adam at Stoke Initially a winger, but converted into a more central player whose long range shooting benefited from him playing inside

He nearly got on the end of a couple of through balls, thats something thats been missing, he usually virtually disappears when playing there.

maybe TP has told him to time his runs and not chase lost causes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

He nearly got on the end of a couple of through balls, thats something thats been missing, he usually virtually disappears when playing there.

maybe TP has told him to time his runs and not chase lost causes.

Maybe yeah, but it was a marked improvement Maybe we’ve just gotten used to seeing the midfield bypassed under Monk? Certainly, I never expected Pulis to come to the rescue of that particular department, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised Long may it continue. We have the players who can look after the ball in midfield, and if we do that, we can control games

Great OP as always M'Lud.

I see you are sticking with your theory of discounting our first game with Pulis as manager.

"Joe Wildsmith will start between the sticks for Wednesday after Kieren Westwood picked up an injury in his first start of the season at Swansea."

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Top OMDT Snoots.

Its a question of time...Tone is seeing what we all have and is slowly but surely addressing each point in turn and you can see progress even in the short time he has been here.

It might take another 4 or 5 games but we are now beginning to compete.

COME ON WEDNESDAY.

• Like 3