Will we see an improved Westwood tonight?

I said exactly the same re Westwood before he was dropped, his judgment looks a little out of time.

Maybe with age his reactions are slightly slower and split second is crucial when judging the flight of a moving ball. Like others have said I think he is our best bet at the moment.

I do think all of our goalies have got worse since Rhodes left, maybe it's just coincidence.

• Like 2

Just now, alan48 said:

To be fair , Westwood did slip just before punching the ball  

1) I don't see that at all

2) Even if you slip it would take your reaction/reflexes longer to change from a catch to a punch than it would just to catch it?

I'm not buying the slipped excuse at all 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Didnt give it as an excuse . Perhaps you need to go to specsavers . He slipped , just as many of the outfield players had done on that wet surface . 

Pearson commented during the game that some of them needed to change to long studs .

2 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Didnt give it as an excuse . Perhaps you need to go to specsavers . He slipped , just as many of the outfield players had done on that wet surface . 

Pearson commented during the game that some of them needed to change to long studs .

If he did slip it was a mistake by Westwood having the incorrect stud length.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alan48 said:

He was always punching rather than catching, slip or not. When he does punch it it’s in totally the wrong area. Punches and headers both need to be high and wide to give the defence time to reset and also reduce the shooting angle. Crikey, this is very basic stuff.

• Like 1

But just on this, the fact that he has actually come out and said something suggests much about the character of both westwood and our manager alike. When Dawson was making mistakes, Monk never enlightened us about any comments, if any, he had with him. Just another sign of how he tried to brush everything under the carpet.

Good management IMO.

Always going to be rusty after having a year out. Just needs that match sharpness. If you weigh up the points he's cost us V the points he's won us, then there's no comparison. Look how organises the back four, they always look more assured when he's playing. Suppose fans have small memories

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

image.jpg

Which Kieran Westwood will we see tonight?

The strong, capable 'best keeper in the Championship' goalkeeper that many believe is still there in this chap

Or 

More gaffes from the blunder prone side of Westwood to add to the 6 horror show blunders in the last 4 games he's played for us that have cost us so badly?

Woah there. Brave man criticising the Westy - The Goalkeeping God.

• Like 2