Will we see an improved Westwood tonight?

7 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I've no doubt he will pull something if our performances do not improve.

Quite.

I just dont trust the guy to be brutally honest.

Yes, part of it is speculation, but there's enough out there (imo) to suggest that Westwood is not the most reliable when things aren't going his way.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, cowl said:

It's like getting lectured off Donald Trump about how best to conduct yourself in a debate.

Again with the personal attacks

Why can't you post your thoughts on Westwood?

If you have facts, stats, evidence that Westwood is fantastic - post them

I really don't know why you resort to personal attacks?

Just debate the topics and not the posters and everyone gets along just fine

Keep firing off personal attacks and you end up breaching the rules of the site and end up getting modded and spit the dummy out

We have a rule - debate the TOPIC and not the poster - it's such a simple guidline to ensure threads aren't (deliberately) sabotaged/ruined by folk wanting to distract with personal spats instead  of the subject/topic being debated

Please mate - I'm asking nicely - debate the post and not the poster

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad

Can't understand why people think Neil doesnt like Westwood.

Hes merely fuelling debate.

That Bentley doesn't pay for itself you know.

51 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

We can all pick and choose games or parts of games. For me wildsmith has improved of late and given his age will continue to do so. Westwood on the other hand is on the decline and won’t get better from where he is now, which is a poor keeper with slow reactions and hesitancy. He’s been poor in his last games for us and sadly I see just more errors like the one at the weekend.

Anyone who would sit through and watch Wildsmith’s entire career appearances would soon realize he isn’t a consistent performer at this level. 

He’s not even the second best keeper we have. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

How do you know he's better than Wildsmith and Dawson if you're not doing that?

lol

That would give you only one game to judge him from

The one where he decided to pat the ball straight to their striker on the penalty spot, and then flop down like he'd been shot by sniper,  in the worst attempt at a dive since Gordon Watson won that penalty against Leeds

As I said, it’s clear that we’re using games to get him up to speed. That’s going to create challenges in performance I would imagine.

Wildsmith and Dawson have had plenty of chances over the last 12 or so months - neither have them have grasped it. Infact, they’re fine for a couple of games here’s and there but the more they play the worse they get. 

So is Westwood the right man for the job - jury is out. 

Is he the right man for the next few weeks until January - I would say yes.

Just now, McRightSide said:

Anyone who would sit through and watch Wildsmith’s entire career appearances would soon realize he isn’t a consistent performer at this level. 

He’s not even the second best keeper we have. 

Wonder how much of his dramatic dip in form running up to a year ago was down to any bad atmosphere in the goalie camp?

I would seriously play wildsmith above mardy any day, no brainier. Get on the upward curve and not the downward one.

As I said, it’s clear that we’re using games to get him up to speed. That’s going to create challenges in performance I would imagine.

Wildsmith and Dawson have had plenty of chances over the last 12 or so months - neither have them have grasped it. Infact, they’re fine for a couple of games here’s and there but the more they play the worse they get. 

Let's hope so

Owlstalk Shop

You say we’re using games to get mardy up to speed but yet that’s the right thing to do until January. I totally disagree, we can’t afford his mistakes.

1 minute ago, GLOwl said:

Wonder how much of his dramatic dip in form running up to a year ago was down to any bad atmosphere in the goalie camp?

I would seriously play wildsmith above mardy any day, no brainier. Get on the upward curve and not the downward one.

If that was anything like true then he should immediately retire as a professional footballer

Just now, GLOwl said:

You say we’re using games to get mardy up to speed but yet that’s the right thing to do until January. I totally disagree, we can’t afford his mistakes.

Wildsmith and Dawson have proven to be just as mistake ridden, if not more only problem is they don’t have the 3 or so of proven performance beforehand.

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Wildsmith and Dawson have proven to be just as mistake ridden, if not more only problem is they don’t have the 3 or so of proven performance beforehand.

Disagree, Wildsmith has kept 2 clean sheets in his last 2 games and done nothing wrong.

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

That if he can’t play well because of bad apples then he should pack up and go and work in Asda or something 

Just not on the fruit aisle 

Oh I see, everyone has to “tough up and get on with it”? Great attitude - not.