Will we see an improved Westwood tonight?

I'm sorry to say having him back in his slightly (understandably) rickety state isn't inspiring confidence any more than having Dawson or Wildsmith in there. 

I think the latter two have 'it', but somethings missing to unlock the potential - like having a steak bake and chicken slice I'm not sure who I'd pick. 

• Like 1

I just find the whole situation very odd tbh. Something very Wednesday about it. 

You have this goalkeeper, who, truth be told, is probably the best keeper I've seen in all my time following Wednesday. It's a throw up between him and Big Kev, but Kev was largely keeping when I was a fair bit younger, so sometimes you do now have quite the appreciation for how good someone is. 

Anyway, he's been a massive part of this club for several years, part of a semi successful side and set the clean sheet record two, three season in succession? 

Now though...well, he's returning from his second first team exile, this one having lasted pretty much a year. There are various rumours about the guys attitude and professionalism. I appreciate that some will take those sort of things with a pinch of salt, but I've heard them from a few people close enough to the club to think there's something in it. 

Anyway, he's now back again and wouldn't you know it he makes a mistake in his debut (he was making quite a few last season too) and tonight he gets injured, which with him could mean he's absent for the next several weeks. 

The whole thing is a bit of a circus tbh and just reinforces my view that a new number 1 is required in the summer. To me, Wildsmith seems like a solid enough backup. Dawson is done for after that Rotherham display imo; I don't think you comeback from a horror show like that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

For me wildsmith had the shirt can't take two clean sheets lightly

Westwood's should be moved out as soon as

Agree with that. I also think we’ve got 3 keepers that for different reasons aren't good enough. Westwood is a liability, and both Dawson and Wildsmith have had ample opportunity to cement a spot. You could argue one of them would be good enough back up. 

In true Champ Mgr style we somehow need to move all 3 on and bring 2 in. In the summer our recruitment is the spine of the side. Pulis will buy lumps right through the middle of the team. 

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, bladeshater said:

For me wildsmith had the shirt can't take two clean sheets lightly

Westwood's should be moved out as soon as

We wont be moving westwood out..just like we wont be moving rhodes out..we are stuck with these 2 till the end of june