Will we see an improved Westwood tonight?

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Let’s assume for a moment that he is a bully and that the way in which he manifested that was to belittle the other two keepers, tell them he’s better than they are to undermine their confidence etc. Not saying he did that, just saying if.

In terms of dealing with that.. I would say the only way to beat it is for them to prove it on the pitch and show that they’re better players than he is and deserve their place, and that he’s talking BS. Unfortunately neither Dawson or Wildsmith have really done that over the last year

If what you describe did happen, strong characters will do as you say. In fact my response would be to pin him against a wall and knock his teeth in.

However, not everyone can deal with it as you describe. Let’s say both wildsmith and Dawson both complained of bullying, what would you do then? Tell them to go and prove him wrong? That would be very poor management. As he is the issue it is him that needs to change or leave.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Westwood has played 1 game in a year due to a muppet of manager in charge, give him a run in the team and he and the team will improve. He adds leadership to a quiet back line and the defense feel better with him behind them.

We have a few very tough games against good teams, but the likes of Bannan and Lees, Reach as senior players need to stop leaving it for everyone else to do and stand up and be counted all 3 have been awful so far this season but I don't hear many calling for them to be dropped. 

Disagree on bannan, I think he has shown encouragement and criticism where needed.

Also, bannan and lees have easily played well enough to be amongst the first names on the team sheet.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Agree with that definitely.

reach has been awful for nearly 2 years ,lets not go there regards rhodes that be 5 years ago , bannan wouldnt get in my team and thats saying something as our squad is awful he also is downright poor this season. i just cant get any positivity from anywhere in the club ,the summer signings were awful ,players what average/poor teams didnt want, i thought our recruitment team would have got better what bruce fetched in not even worse. if a club is judged on its incomings and outgoings we would have finished bottom of league pound per pound since 2016.

48 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Westwood has played 1 game in a year due to a muppet of manager in charge, give him a run in the team and he and the team will improve. 

Well first impressions after the first game are that he blundered and gaffed and gave a goal to our opponents and we lost

That's his first game back

Before he was (rightly) dropped he made even more gaffes

In total that's 6 goals he's blundered into his own net in the last 4 games played

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

The joy from some people to be proven right is scary, in these poor times for our club can we not just hope that one of the best players to play for us in recent years can recapture some of his previous form and see us through until the end of the season, if he cant Im sure pulis will bring in a new keeper in January.

55 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Good facts

To anyone who doesn’t have a dislike for Westwood it’s clear he’s easily the best keeper

He’s just a bit unreliable.

The most reliable things about him now are:

1) His total unreliability

2) His rustiness - leading to more unreliability
3) His fanboys are in total denial about points one and two 

Add to that his injuries

Also add to that it's coming up to Christmas

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, trask43 said:

Of course. Im sure if westwood makes a mistake tonight you'll barely mention it. 

I'm finding this really weird now

So you're suggesting that if Westwood blunders another goal in nobody can mention it because you will believe that people want to be proven right about something??

OKKKKAYYYYYYYYY THEN

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'm finding this really weird now

So you're suggesting that if Westwood blunders another goal in nobody can mention it because you will believe that people want to be proven right about something??

OKKKKAYYYYYYYYY THEN

No Im suggesting that some people appear to be waiting/hoping for him to make a mistake, get 'injured' etc and will no doubt gloat somewhat if he does.

11 minutes ago, trask43 said:

The joy from some people to be proven right is scary, in these poor times for our club can we not just hope that one of the best players to play for us in recent years can recapture some of his previous form and see us through until the end of the season, if he cant Im sure pulis will bring in a new keeper in January.

If he can't I would hope Pulis reacts well before January, we cant afford 11 possible losses.

3 minutes ago, trask43 said:

No Im suggesting that some people appear to be waiting/hoping for him to make a mistake, get 'injured' etc and will no doubt gloat somewhat if he does.

Again - that simply doesn't exist - only in your head

This is a forum for discussing Sheffield Wednesday, players, managers, coaches, fans, ground etc

If a player continually makes mistakes then it will be discussed

Same as if a manager continually loses games - that will be discussed also

There's no agendas, no wanting for anyone to fail - it's just discussion

Same as when Monk was struggling - absolutely nobody wanted him to fail really but my god did he get discussed

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

He’s been down Suggs Sports and got some extra long studs so no slipping tonight................or at least he went down the Moor but found out it was no longer there.........consequence of being sidelined for so long!

His new boots also give him more height/reach

530ec14218a3d9770e3f0f0eaf46cf.jpg

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Disagree on bannan, I think he has shown encouragement and criticism where needed.

Also, bannan and lees have easily played well enough to be amongst the first names on the team sheet.

You just have to turn up and have two functioning legs to be amongst the first names on our team sheet.

• Haha 1