Preston player charged

6 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

It's clearly up to paterson if he wants to press charges 

The club should support him in what decision he decides 

The FA, EFL however should really take this seriously, no waywill the player be sacked but at the very least

the Preston player should be slapped with a massive game ban and fine 

This shouldn't be tolerated 

If this happened in any other place of work, the person would be dismassed instantly. 

What game ban should he get? It’s got to be 6 games minimum, potentially 8 games I would’ve thought. Look at what’s happened on rugby union and league for

similar incidents. 

28 minutes ago, Trevorhg said:

This is, hopefully, just the first step!  The next authority to become involved should be the Police.  It appears that a criminal offence has taken place which, in the workplace, would usually result in the loss of employment. 

He grabbed him by the nuts FFS, he didn't kill him and eat his intestines. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Good grief.  Just get on with the game 

I think most will think this but just compare to the sh itstorm that happened when Auguero put his hand on the female lino’s shoulder. Equality and all that!

Edited by GMOwl72

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Have a day off .... as if Patterson will care less 

I know what your saying but it doesn’t matter that much what Paterson thinks about it. 
Grabbing someone by the todge is in this day and age deemed an assault. The pillock did it on camera and will reap the whirlwind for it. He should actually have been sent off for it really. He will be hung drawn and quartered by social media if nothing else!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Clearly Paterson did care otherwise he wouldn't have looked towards the ref. He couldn't react, which is what Fisher wanted him to do, otherwise he could have been sent off (at worst).

Are you suggesting this should go unpunished? If so, you are living in the 20th century still.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

To be fair though if he had killed him and eaten his intestines he would probably be going to prison not just facing a 6 match ban. 
To be honest though if he had managed to kill Paterson and eat his intestines I would have been appalled obviously but also a bit impressed. 
Paterson is a unit so it would have been an impressive feat, particularly in front of the cameras!

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313

I’ve seen another video of him doing it to someone else at a corner in a different game, so it’s clearly not an isolated incident. He’s right to be charged and the FA should make an example of it. I’m pretty sure that this kind of thing goes on often at corners with players doing anything to try and gain some sort of small advantage over the opponent. To stamp it out of the game you need to take action.

However I think the context is everything.

He’s probably not doing it for sexual gratification, it’s merely a dirty habit he has to try and give him an advantage on the pitch. Comparisons to touching someone up in the street or at the office are different in that someone’s incentive for doing that would probably be sexual in nature. He’s leaving himself open though to a court case because I’d imagine it could get that far if Paterson wanted to press charges.

As it is I think most players would view this differently in that they’ll see it as an annoyance in the game but they wouldn’t want to see the other pro lose their job or be put on the sex offenders register for that. I think he’ll get a lengthy ban and fine and that will be the end of it 

12 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I assume you'd be saying this if I guy randomly walk up to you in your place of work and started touching you in your genitals 

I clearly stated its up to paterson if he presses charges but that doesn't mean fisher should get away with it scott free

Fernando was deemed innocent in court of non racial abuse but yet still charged by the fa 

I suggest you educate yourself 

Or maybe talk to victims of sexual assault 

9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

That's OK then is it 

Tell that to victims of sexual assault then 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

It’s a criminal offence, end of.

If the woke scream equality, then that should extend to sexual assault on blokes too. He should serve time for this.

Just google it and see how many men have faced jail for lesser incidences.