OFFICIAL - TONY PULIS APPOINTED SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MANAGER

I’d feel better immediately if he turned up to the first game in charge in a suit rather than a trackie n a cap. He really should not be wearing that at his age - looks ridiculous.

And no - even Klopp can’t get away with it, scruffy get. 

• Haha 2

Guest 1banana2banana

This has to be the second worst possible appointment. I had Campbell and Neville as joint worst but this one isn’t far behind. Absolutely awful and I wish we could fast forward time to him getting sacked. 

Not the appointment I wanted, but managers come and go - I’ll continue to ‘support’ Wednesday regardless.  With Pulis in charge I don’t expect to be watching many games in future, life really is too short to waste it on the absolute tedium that is about to be inflicted upon us, regardless of results.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Monk ball had me feeling really low about the club. This is not a great appointment but he can do a job until we dont need him anymore. People saying we should have got lowe yea any other season I'd agree but current situation would be a huge gamble the mans not established enough to take on this kind of task at hand.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Pulis is the best we could have hoped for and will keep us up. I for one am looking forward to a big horrible Sheffield Wednesday and rival fans coming on here claiming we're roughing up their players

Bring it on

Totally agree.

Pretty football doesn't always get results.

Let's not give   sh*t about opponents. Just make sure them and the ball goes into Row Z when it needs to instead of faffing around at the back.

Big, horrible, ugly. It's the Championship we're in and there's only one way out.

When we win, who cares

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Decent appointment in terms of staying in this division. I think everyone knows what they’re getting rather than a left field appointment and having to spend 6 weeks getting to know what’s what.

I quite like the thought of him shouting at the players, giving them a rocket etc. Good luck TP......you’ll need it. UTO

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Guest Theboylangers
6 minutes ago, striker said:

*Flounce alert*

Right ladies and gentlemen, this appointment has me just about done. I've been a supporter for 40+ years, but I can't support Pulis. I have more respect for myself than to set the bar so low and waste my hard earned money on this man and what could only loosely be described as football. They say it's the hope that kills you and that's just about expired with this appointment, all that remains is futility. 

The club isn't the one I fell in love with, it's now just a transactional relationship to give money to an egomaniacal owner who has lost touch with the people who are the lifeblood of the club and runs it for his own personal pleasure in blissful ignorance of the fans.

I've tried to find the positives in this, but just dont have the energy. In my time I've supported the club through some really dark times, as well as good, but of late there are only brief periods of joy punctuating prolonged periods of frustration,  disappointment and some embarrassment, and this is the final straw.

We, as fans should expect better, we dont expect miracles but have a reasonable expectation to be entertained, that after all is the underpinning principle of why we watch football. I dont buy the delusion of the greater good necessitating this abhorrent appointment, but do feel the contempt shown by it. It is now my sincere hope that Mr Mr Chansiri seeks an exit from the club at the earliest opportunity.

For those few of you accepting of Pulis, no need to tell me I'm not a true fan and you are, I've made peace with my decision, which wasn't an easy one but stand true to my word. I wish the club well, but this is a journey I'll  sit out and wait with interest for the club to be run as a professional sports club, rather than a hobby and done with the clubs best interests at heart. 

It saddens me what's coming and the damage Pulis will do. For those of you complicit in accepting Pulis, dont say you weren't warned from multiple sources. Opinion is a prerogative, but dont forget your words of welcome for Pulis when you are calling for his head in a few months. 

Enjoy your 'football' 

Striker, out. Bye!

(Mods, feel free to delete my account, time for a little break after 15 years on here)

8/10 on the flounce meter. 

lol

In all seriousness mate, you are a good poster, take a break, watch it all unfold and then come back and tell all of us Pulis believers we were wrong if it goes titsup. 

Edited by Theboylangers
Spelling

12 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Right man at the right time, solid appointment. I’d hope we’d be in a better position and a more attractive club in the summer/18 months time for a more modern manager.

Football is going to be horrific mind - glad no-one will be there to watch it!!

12 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Right man at the right time, solid appointment. I’d hope we’d be in a better position and a more attractive club in the summer/18 months time for a more modern manager.

Football is going to be horrific mind - glad no-one will be there to watch it!!

Sorry about the duplicate but a quick question for you. Why did the media praise Wimbledon yet slated Stoke and even Wilkinsons Wednesday ?

• Like 1

Was hoping to go all out for Pearson to bring fans together and provide a boost. Don't care if he made a comment a long time ago, I think he could have been persuaded. 

He's gone for experience and someone who will command respect from the players. Let's hope it works out. 

• Like 1

My pulis out thread got deleted, I want him gone.. I'll take going down to see him sacked. This is an absolute disaster long term, terrible long ball cap wearing ball bag and a total tuna purse to boot. 

Gutted, fuming, sad and did I say fuming?

Pi55 off pulis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6