Message from West Brom fans

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

100% behind him now!

Everyone's had their concerns, doubts and thoughts but in my case that's put to bed now and as always i"m backing him

Remember I was the one getting maximum hate (And nasty PM's) for supporting Monk more and longer than anyone else did

I'll do the same with Pulis

I'm gonna get a baseball cap on and shout "WHOOOOP WHOOOOP that's the sound of da PULIS!!" and try to extract as much fun and joy as I possibly can out of the situation.

100% behind him.

He looks a nice friendly grandad type bloke too.

Certainly not my 1st choice (neither was Monk) But I'll back him now he's here and will continue to IF the results (less so Performances)  warrant it. 

Don't think it'll be pretty but staying up is all that matters this season.

Whilst, as I say he's not my 1st Choice, I do think we have a better chance now than we did under Monk.

Hope he can steady the ship and then get in a Younger more "footballing styled" manager to follow him.

I'll see you at the next match with my matching Cap. 😉😉

• Love 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Tbf, vulva's tin of chicken soup would play better football than pulis. 

Their good on the wings but fowl more often though.

I think it would be a dull 0-0.  I think the soup would out jump Marriott.

1 hour ago, Shezza said:

I wonder if they were this critical when he took them to 10th.

yes - we hated every fibre of him.

but there was a lot of bad blood before he turned up which did not help.

at the time he was appointed - we needed his style over substance.

our main mistake was keeping him to long and then appointing that prat Pardew.

Hes a top bloke though - a proper football man.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s pre owlstalk but Wilson got us 12th in year one without Di Canio and I bet most were saying he was doing a decent job at the time. Was the start of the following season it went wrong

Not quite true. After Di Canio's last appearance, we won just 3 of the next 14 league games, failing to even score in exactly half of them. Our form improved around the time the Italian actually left the club (end of January 1999), as we won 4 out of 5, and as it turned out, that just about saved our bacon. Because before winning the final two games, we'd been successful in only 1 out of 10. The season after that was just one long hopeless, desperate surrender to relegation.

Pullis is not my first choice. But how can anyone say we could have got a better manager. 

We don't know who applied for the position. We don't know who DC approached and got the knock back. 

We not seen a single game with Pullis as manager and he already has fans moaning. 

His record means little atm. If he learns from his mistakes then he should have learned a lot. 

Pullis record is better than monks. He has experience in this division. His teams play football that is not the best to watch but is the type that tends to get teams promoted. We have not got a squad suited to expansive attacking football. Unfortunately due to monk we have a squad that is more likely to be successful with a Pullis type manager. 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
27 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

yes - we hated every fibre of him.

but there was a lot of bad blood before he turned up which did not help.

at the time he was appointed - we needed his style over substance.

our main mistake was keeping him to long and then appointing that prat Pardew.

Hes a top bloke though - a proper football man.

Would you take Pulis ball and consistent 10-14th placed finishes in the PL or a more expansive style and becoming a bit of a yo-yo club like you are now 

It seems like he takes clubs with poor squads and gets results by overachieving but with a horrible style of football.

Thing is with Wednesday is they’ve been that bad for that long apart from the couple of play off seasons under Carlos that we just need results. Other than those two seasons we’ve had only two top half Championship finishes in the other 14 seasons at this level since we got relegated in 2000.

We don’t have the players to compete at the top of the league now. If he gets us remotely close to that by any means then I think our fans will tolerate it more than most. Particularly teams like WBA and Boro who’ve been up and down in recent seasons 

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

1) Get up off their knees

2) Stop accepting anything other than the best

3) Stop talking down our club, our standards, our expectations, our ambition

4) To grow a pair, start getting ambitious again

5) DEMAND better

Ha ha ha. Says the man who has spent the last three months attempting to defend the third worst manager in our history. Irony. 

13 hours ago, brando said:

Wont change a thing,the chairman does not listen to the fans,he will employ who HE wants,and we have to live with it,that's why we average a manager every 18 months..or so..

Would listening to the fans really help. So many divided opinions. If pullis was the best choice from the interested parties imagine who the others were. 

DC has tried the younger untested types, the foreign task master and the ex successful player. The only manager with any substance was a guy I never heard of before DC hired him [carlos]. 

I always remember asking my mate who is a Leicester fan what he thought when ranieri was hired. He wasn't happy. Look what happened there. 

Atm what has happened for pullis at previous clubs means very little. More importantly is how the fans and the team react. Hopefully with positive attitude to get a good base to build on. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I've been burgled ten times. Every single time was traumatic. Stuff got nicked, I felt violated and my privacy ruined.

There's a burglar walking down the West Brom fans path casing up their joint

Should I not warn them because I can't endorse the ten burglars who burgled me?

Sorry for your loss(es)

Guest Grandad
12 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Ha ha ha. Says the man who has spent the last three months attempting to defend the third worst manager in our history. Irony. 

Apart from Jos.

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Here’s hoping Chansiri drives him crackers and out of the club in 3 months time. 

Possible I suppose...

...but unlikely as it may be I'd prefer it if he absolutely smashed it to the extent that he's with us long into the future

25 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Here’s hoping Chansiri drives him crackers and out of the club in 3 months time. 

That’s the scenario I wouldn’t be surprised to play out. I’ve done my research this last few days on Pulis and he comes across really well, and not one to take kindly to interference. I can’t see this lasting long.