Message from West Brom fans

5 hours ago, vulture_squadron said:

Thanks for the input @Liam_Baggies from what you're saying this could be a period similar to the Megson era. As Megson himself put it, "I got Wednesday going again." He built the foundation - signed Semedo of course - but getting rid of him when we did turned out to be pretty inspired.

Another thing Megson seemed to do well was get players fit. JJ played 90 mins under Megson far more than under other managers (I think). Hopefully Pulis can sort that out as well.

The fitness issue is a big deal. Know the Greno Woods preseason became a bit of a joke now, but Megson really worked them hard then which I think must have helped reduce injuries during season. Pulis can't give them a preseason now though obviously, so we may not see much improvement in that area until next season.

5 hours ago, Liam_Baggies said:

In Pulis' early tenure he featured at left back.  He provided the aerial ability and height that was missing for Pulis' vision of a back four.

Our previous option was two defenders who never had an eye for defending and would rather get forward. That's a lack of discipline - they never featured again for us. Its why I suspect that Penney, Odubajo and to a lesser extent Van Aken will not feature.

Chris was excellent as he provided excellent set piece delivery which is all Pulis required. We then ended up signing Kieran Gibbs who never seemed the right fit - it is testament to Chris that I think he's probably a better defender than Gibbs.

Brunt speaks very highly of Pulis. Had he hung up his boots I could have seen Brunt maybe joining forces with Pulis as his first foray into coaching. 

I'd like to see Brunt back here in some capacity, if he wants to get into coaching. He got some harsh critisism here but overcame it and was loved by the time he left- he seems a good lad and well liked, so maybe sometime in the future he could join Pulis.

On 13/11/2020 at 15:17, striker said:

We've been warmed time and again. Bury your heads in the sand if you like, but don't complain about the damage Pulis is about to do to our club. 

I am going full Ostrich on this now. 
In my heart of hearts I know disaster is looming but I am going to get behind the new manager anyway. 
I do however reserve the right to cry, bleat and complain extensively when things do eventually go to💩 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1