Message from West Brom fans

8 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Would you take Pulis ball and consistent 10-14th placed finishes in the PL or a more expansive style and becoming a bit of a yo-yo club like you are now 

It seems like he takes clubs with poor squads and gets results by overachieving but with a horrible style of football.

Thing is with Wednesday is they’ve been that bad for that long apart from the couple of play off seasons under Carlos that we just need results. Other than those two seasons we’ve had only two top half Championship finishes in the other 14 seasons at this level since we got relegated in 2000.

We don’t have the players to compete at the top of the league now. If he gets us remotely close to that by any means then I think our fans will tolerate it more than most. Particularly teams like WBA and Boro who’ve been up and down in recent seasons 

I wouldn’t want him - it was a case of needs must when we appointed him but it soon became a soul shattering experience. I detested the experience but I’m not naive enough to say he did a good job.

Wednesday need resetting and there’s no better man to do that then Pulis. The next appointment is the key one as it has to be someone who can build on his good work. Both ourselves and Middlesbrough failed to capitalise on it.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, vulva said:

That’s the scenario I wouldn’t be surprised to play out. I’ve done my research this last few days on Pulis and he comes across really well, and not one to take kindly to interference. I can’t see this lasting long. 

Control of the club moved away from the Chairman last night

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Why does he get sacked if he keeps winning games?

How was Chris Houghton available till recently?   How is Pochettino not in management at moment??.  I didn't want Pulis,  was hoping Eddie Howe or Ryan Lowe. But think the reaction to Pulis way over top! Yes the football  won't be easy on the eye   but  Wilkinson time with us was remembered with fondness. And that is because we were winning. Look at his last job at Middlesbrough yes they should have made the play offs  but lost Triore and Gibson  at a crucial time.  Look how  they have done since he left!  Had to revert back to Pulis mk2 in Warnock. 

• Like 1

On 13/11/2020 at 17:19, quinnssweetshop said:

Absolutely !  How long can this bloke be able to do  what he does and it not be mentioned.

Why is that ?  Why do the posts get deleted ?

Chansiri is the most gullible businessman on the planet.... the Nigerian princes must have a direct line to his bank account.

.... possibly via Paixo's personal SWFC account......  Well we have signed so many Nigerian footballers recently and according to my sauce Chansiri may be considering changing our name to the Super Eagle Owls. Watch this space! 

On 13/11/2020 at 15:53, @owlstalk said:

You're wrong

The exception to your claim is Tony Pulis

There aren't many managers you can bet your entire house and car on playing the dullest, most horrific football known to man, and sending his side out to try and sneak a 1-0 win like you can with Tony Pulis

SOooooooooooooo many warnings from fans  of his previous clubs

Sooooooooooooo much evidence  of what  he's about to do football wise

So to summarise you're WRONG - you DO know how this appointment will work out and most importantly of all YOU YOURSELF will be moaning about what he serves up

Theres the rub for me,its supposed to be about not just 'winning' but entertaining.....admittedly(and to be fair) in a relegation situation,and with the current players,it would be unfair to ask TP to provide that this season.

Moving forward though,the test will be are fans prepared to pay to watch the football at S6?...for me ,i wont spend 1 cent,until i see the back of players i feel are allegedly stealing a wage..,.cant stop it,but i can make sure i dont contribute to their megabucks wages...

Others can make their own choices..enough is enough for me....

14 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

.... possibly via Paixo's personal SWFC account......  Well we have signed so many Nigerian footballers recently and according to my sauce Chansiri may be considering changing our name to the Super Eagle Owls. Watch this space! 

Only one of our recent signings is Nigerian, and that's Adedoyin.

On 14/11/2020 at 10:32, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

How was Chris Houghton available till recently?   How is Pochettino not in management at moment??.  I didn't want Pulis,  was hoping Eddie Howe or Ryan Lowe. But think the reaction to Pulis way over top! Yes the football  won't be easy on the eye   but  Wilkinson time with us was remembered with fondness. And that is because we were winning. Look at his last job at Middlesbrough yes they should have made the play offs  but lost Triore and Gibson  at a crucial time.  Look how  they have done since he left!  Had to revert back to Pulis mk2 in Warnock. 

Wilkinsons 'football' was stylish,attacking,and effective.You darent look away in case you missed a goal.....no messing about,ball forward into the opponents third,and than crossed into the box.....

YES eventually opponents learned how to defend against it,and made it less effective,but that time is remembered for fun,exciting football.

Not just winning

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

Maybe we are the team to make 'Hoofball' popular.

Whilst all other teams are copying Pep and Klopp with their fancy dan tactics, and tik tak play - we enter the stage - with HOOF and CHARGE!!!

I don't think CHARGE so much as NICK SOMETHING

• Like 1

DC has got to give TP time and space to get the whole football structure put in order and do his upmost to financially back him when asked. The football might not be pretty but first and foremost it needs to be effective but I also think this man is similar to Steve Bruce that he will get the club running properly from top to bottom. 

On 14/11/2020 at 10:32, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Exactly this.

TP has said himself that he was always doing a 18 month fire fighting mission at Boro, remain competitive whilst losing their biggest assets.

That itself takes astute management. The more I think about it, the more I am onboard with Pulis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

It was just a humorous reply mate, but you really do need to get your facts straight mate. Off the top of my head I can think of four of our current squad of players that could play for Nigeria.

My list did not include Adedoyin, but yes he would make at least five of our players. Is that not enough?

On 13/11/2020 at 15:42, striker said:

He's not intentionally, the fans are irrelevant to Chansiri. His club, his decisions, if we dont like it we aren't proper supporters of the club, to paraphrase his words. 

Agree with the rest. But, it's his money our ticket revenue doesnt even cover back office staff dont forget....until covid and all of a sudden fans revenue is needed. Good luck with that DC!

Its only relevent when fans stop handing it over,season after season.......it was only when Charltons season ticket income allegedly dropped to its lowest ever ebb,that things changed................https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/card-make-appeal-for-charlton-athletic..

Not just season ticket income is it? Premier league payments,tv money from live games to the club amount to around 6/7 Million PA.....mainly i suspect allegedly being paid out(& more) in wages in the past....

Q: apart from allegedly lining the pockets of agents and footballers,wheres it got us? anyone nieve enough to believe if we had gone up to the Premier,that our fate would have been different to Hull?