What do you want in our next manager

Number 1 choice would be Pearson. Proven in getting clubs out of trouble. Has also took Leicester to the play offs and a title at this level. 

Number 2 would be Pulis. I get his tactics aren’t one to be admired but he certainly isn’t a bad manager. He gets result and importantly right now, that’s what we need. 

Is it childish and petty of me to be emailing Football Heaven this evening demanding Paul Warne be our next boss just to wind up the mini pigs?

Either at, if you would be kind enough to join in we can probably get them in a right lather. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

I've seen loads of different suggestions on who the next manager should be from young up and coming managers, fire fighting managers, lower league managers to ex managers and obviously all having different skill sets 

But instead of who you want to see get the job, what traits do you want to see in the next appointment ? passionate or cold and calculated? shouter or calm, Tactical or motivator, tried and tested or new and untried ideas or anything else 

A manager who will continue the work of recruiting promising young players with their future in front of them.

Building a hard working group of players who know what is expected of them, no more Big time Charlies, no more players at the end of their careers, players we can build a future around and not just the next couple of seasons before we begin the long slide once more.

4 hours ago, Mr Meadows said:

Someone called Eddie who took a team from the bottom of league 2 with a 17 point deduction to the premier league would be nice.

however, back in the real world.. Big Nige, or take a punt on Ryan Lowe

Let’s see some attacking football

Would that be the same Eddie who failed miserably at the only other club other than the one you mentioned that he's managed at?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Would that be the same Eddie who failed miserably at the only other club other than the one you mentioned that he's managed at?

Dont think he failed miserably, as you put it, whilst he may not have pulled up any trees there, he didn’t do that badly and there were a few mitigating factors apparently. One being his missus didn’t like the north west (can’t blame her) and returned to the family home in Bournemouth after a few weeks

dont think we’d have a realistic chance of getting him, but I can dream

Probably in a massive minority on this but would take Pulis or Pearson.  Both have a lot of experience and have a fairly decent record overall.  

Pulis had a good record at Middlesborough and would definitely keep us up.  I think of him more of a Gary Megson type.  Organised, direct, physical football can still prevail.

Pearson would be slightly more of a long term pick, he will improve discipline, focus and the character of anybody he comes in contact with.  He has also the backbone to manage upwards which is critical for anybody taking the role.

3 hours ago, George said:

Is it childish and petty of me to be emailing Football Heaven this evening demanding Paul Warne be our next boss just to wind up the mini pigs?

Either at, if you would be kind enough to join in we can probably get them in a right lather. 

Come on, back me up!

I just hope that, whoever it is, gets a fair chance with all fans. Every recent appointment has met with criticism almost from the outset

Monk - 'he's failed everywhere he's managed, he'll be rubbish for us'....he hadn't failed everywhere,  certainly wasn't given a chance at Middlesborough and did well at Brum

Bruce - 'he's managed the pigs, we don't want him'....do me a favour, so what?.....'he's past his best, just after one last pay day'....apparently not....who did we seriously expect to attract?......'he managed Hull in the play off final so he can do one'...it's his bloody job  for gods sake!

Jos - 'who is he, won't know  a thing about the Championship'.....ok, he was poor

Carlos - 'who's he?, what's he know about English football'.....I remember the team being booed off at half time in his second home game (v Reading) despite having played well in the first game when beating Bristol City 2-0 (should have been more). I think he did a good job in his first season and yes he should have got us up in the second season but, from a results perspective, he was hardly a disaster

Ok, I know I'm paraphrasing above but there was enough negative sentiment about all of them. For once, let's all get behind the manager from  the outset even if it isn't Pep or Klopp....or even big Nige or somebody that wouldn't be our first choice. We're in danger of going down a chasm if things don't turn round soonish and the fans can do their bit.

I know I'll get abuse off some on here but I'm not saying the above was the view of everyone. It's just that the vocal minority always make themselves heard and can give off a false impression  of the general fan base who, I reckon, can be second to none.

UTO

Guest domSWFC

Attacking football. Had enough of boring, negative football, that still loses. 

Rather see the team go for it and play entertaining football. Losing 7-5 is much better than losing 2-0.

Remember Blackpool under.... Get in the Bristolian!

If it WAS Sol Campbell  then after 50 years supporting this club I would be done

Utter pillock shouldn't get within a million miles of this club