What do you want in our next manager

I've seen loads of different suggestions on who the next manager should be from young up and coming managers, fire fighting managers, lower league managers to ex managers and obviously all having different skill sets 

But instead of who you want to see get the job, what traits do you want to see in the next appointment ? passionate or cold and calculated? shouter or calm, Tactical or motivator, tried and tested or new and untried ideas or anything else 

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think I want a team builder.
Someone who will stick around for 3 or 4 years and build a platform so we dont get these runs of form where all of a sudden we fall off a cliff.
Put things in place so we have a good coaching structure.

Easier said than done I agree.

Im with you on that id like the idea of a manager in it for the long haul and building something but would DC give him time and equally would we give him time 

Someone whose teams aren’t frightened to cross the half way line would be a start. 
But ideally a manager who can improve individual players and when he can’t because the they aren’t good enough he can replace them with better players. 
And one who likes attacking. 
is that too much to ask. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Attack attack attack... It's the only way out of this godforsaken League.

Into league one?

Playing fancy dan football doesn't guarantee success, lots of teams have played some great entertaining football and ended up being relegated. 

Barnsley almost did it last season. 

Brentford have being playing some terrific football past few seasons and still haven't managed to go up. 

Personally I'd like a mixture of a hard to break down well organized side that can play a bit. Probably what we'll need to stay up this season. 

• Like 1

I’d like to see Ryan Lowe get it but he’s in work so as a result with the way our Chairman works this may be a long shot.

Pulis. Probably would keep us up but would probably be gone in 18 months.

Wagner. Coming off the back of a nightmare spell at Schalke.

Pearson. Would he even want it?

Cook. Would be a popular appointment with some but has previous with arguably our best forward.

I’d like to see a progressive appointment but this is DC we’re talking about so expect another boring tw@t appointed and another potential clusterf**k?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

See Grandad’s thread. A highly experienced manager at this level with success of promotions on his CV 

I'm sure we all want this. But realistically we are not going to get it.

I've seen no names that meet this criteria who we are actually likely to accept the job.