THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I think that a fair, neutral and relevant question to ask is "the Chairman says he has spent hundreds of millions of pounds on Sheffield Wednesday. In your opinion - what areas of the club in particular have improved?"

The fixtures and fittings in the ground initially improved. As did the squad.

The end.

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I might be missing by our point, but when DC took over we mid table with a cheaply assembled squad. Entrance money was compatible to our peers. We had a manager that overall got the best out of the resources he had. 
Yes, the first two seasons were positive, but since that penalty shoot out, we have been in decline, and currently prop up the league.

Gate prices are prohibitive and the product on offer will not increase revenue. 
It’s difficult to quantify the last 4y as improvement.

Less about improvement on the pitch but improvement in the way the chairman manages our affairs?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Not talking about intially

Am talking about permanently

His legacy

What areas of the club in particular have improved?

You have to factor in how the football landscape has changed in his tenure - parachute payments for clubs who failed in the prem have made this an even playing field. 
But then you look at the noisy neighbours and reality sets in. Had he been unlucky or has he been naive ? 

So to finally answer your question Neil:  in my humble opinion , nowt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We moderate the site (as you personally know) 

We don't tolerate/stand for any abuse of the chairman - we delete those posts if anyone does make them (they don't really as they know it won't last on the site - we'll just remove it)

Fairly sure I challenged a poster on his reasonings for calling the owner an Evil little Fukr, and had MY post deleted 🤣

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

You have to factor in how the football landscape has changed in his tenure - parachute payments for clubs who failed in the prem have made this an even playing field. 
But then you look at the noisy neighbours and reality sets in. Had he been unlucky or has he been naive ? 

So to finally answer your question Neil:  in my humble opinion , nowt. 

Thanks mate 

If anyone else wants to answer this one I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on it

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I hope they are no more mistakes to be made on the admin side. 
I do believe he is trying to rectify his mistakes. 
I’m just yet to be convinced.

Agreed. But there are positive signs. The pasting he gets on here is depressing though. 

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why he's not sacked Monk

You can’t mix two seasons together.

I always say to the media and all the fans is it is easy to make a decision without responsibility.

It’s easy to say ‘not good, sack’ - some managers have gone to other clubs and not been a success.

It’s easy to sack the manager but sometimes it is not 100 per cent the manager’s fault.

For me on the pitch, it is more the fault of the players. On the pitch, the manager can’t do anything.

Omf lord !

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

"Sometimes you think too big about yourselves. Sheffield Wednesday, actually is not that big."

a club is big if it has supporters what have gone through 20years of misery and still take 6000 supporters to some away games like preston etc , what club whats been as bad as us on the pitch would do that? id name liverpool,man utd and thats it who would still go in numbers . leeds had 14000 for some league games 3 years ago and there are loads of other examples . but our support is ageing and to get younger new supporters we need success on the pitch and a lower ticket price to start to attract casual supporters back and get a few hooked , that only comes with good football. 

• Like 1

Is he in the country to apply for the government grant?

Moaning about costs and sustainability when we're paying Westwood £20k/week to sit at home. 

Problem with football and everyone involved, it's moved so far away from reality and people's lives that everything I hear makes me less and less interested in it. Players salaries; more backroom staff than Tescos; stupid rip-off prices, all hinge on sky's funding. Sometimes I just wish it would just stop and start again. It won't and I've got sky so contributing toward the thing I can't stand, although I don't even watch champions league and PL football anymore - just not interested.

5 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Very refreshing to see our leaders English is coming along swimmingly .....

I'm really yearning for the day when he's asked a question by one of the Sky Girls ..... 

"Heyup Love" is his opening salvo......

We know he's finally grasped it  then .......

Hayley McQueen hello Mr Chansiri

DC ay up luv nice dids 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

I've tried so hard all day to re-educate myself regarding the owners comments about us not being a big club and fan negatively.  I wondered if,like thousands of others,spending a good deal of  money on matches, souvenirs and memorabilia was indicative of being negative. I have come to the conclusion Mr Chansiri that you don't have a clue what makes the vast majority of Wednesday fans loyal to their cause. You can criticise us for thinking the club is big if you want but it is OUR club and we are entitled to feel that about our lifetimes affinity. Please don't ever say again that fans alleged negatively contributed to sponsors pulling out of a deal because that really is an insult to our intelligence. What you are effectively stating is that we,the fans,are a stumbling block to progress and success when the truth is we are a  fantastically loyal fan base that doesn't deserve your criticism.

Rant over.....just an opinion.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I told the coach last night I was disappointed about the appeal but it is better than nothing.

I always tell my people to do everything legal. That’s my policy.

The problem with our players is their mentality and consistency. I have told that to every coach who has come in.

no wonder why we get the bargain bin managers, jesus wept