THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

59 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I see plenty of critisim of Chansiri here, and rightly so right now, but I havnt seen any abuse if he dosnt like criticism , tough. 

Ok, so straight off the top of my head Student Owl called him a cretin earlier in the thread. I’d call that abuse. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Bet you can't find it now though

Why?

Because the site moderators moderated and removed it

Haven’t tried to find it, I just read it earlier and didn’t have time to comment. Glad you are on the case then,  because I totally accept people querying decisions taken by DC but why the need to abuse him when really he has tried to do his best for the club and shelled out massive amounts of dosh. Imagine the uproar if he’d said, not that a minority of fans are negative, but instead a minority of fans are cretins. Obviously he’d be right, but as far as I know he hasn’t said it yet, apart from in private to his missus! 

3 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Haven’t tried to find it, I just read it earlier and didn’t have time to comment. Glad you are on the case then,  because I totally accept people querying decisions taken by DC but why the need to abuse him when really he has tried to do his best for the club and shelled out massive amounts of dosh. Imagine the uproar if he’d said, not that a minority of fans are negative, but instead a minority of fans are cretins. Obviously he’d be right, but as far as I know he hasn’t said it yet, apart from in private to his missus! 

How do you know what he’s said in private to Mrs C ? 

ITK ? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Haven’t tried to find it, I just read it earlier and didn’t have time to comment. Glad you are on the case then,  because I totally accept people querying decisions taken by DC but why the need to abuse him when really he has tried to do his best for the club and shelled out massive amounts of dosh. 

I tend to find that spaffing hundreds of millions of pounds and makes something ten times worse worse isn’t that noble of an artform 

I know this from my time trying to do up my Renault megane 

Owlstalk Shop

He has made some terrible errors and Chansiri has even admitted to that.

Let us all hope that, moving forward, he learns from them. He is staying and for now, Monk is staying. All we can do now is back the team and hopefully we get some key results over the next few games. 

*this view will change on Saturday 7th November at 17:00pm* 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I tend to find that spaffing hundreds of millions of pounds and makes something ten times worse worse isn’t that noble of an artform 

I know this from my time trying to do up my Renault megane 

Ha ha. You and me both. I’ve got a 49 year old Triumph TR6 mate. Great hobby, burning money 😱

• Love 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Answer to that one is simply be a better chairman, don't get us embargoes, dont' get us 12 points deducted, don't get us into trouble with FFP and the EFL, don't sell our stadium

That's always the answer

The only answer. 

Understand the rules. Stick to the rules. 
No penalties. No grief. No negative impact to reputation and brand. Sounds boring, but look what the alternative served up.

• Like 1

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

The only answer. 

Understand the rules. Stick to the rules. 
No penalties. No grief. No negative impact to reputation and brand. Sounds boring, but look what the alternative served up.

100%

If Chansiri wants to be loved as a great chairman then he should BE a great chairman 

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

Its appalling really and shows that people have no real appreciation for working in a high pressure environment.

The unfortunate thing is someone is I dont imagine people will actually listen to the jnterview. They will take as gospel the commentary provided by people on this thread. DC is not doing a good job, but he is doing a thankless job atm.

All true, but he either signed up for a thankless job - or naively undertook a challenge thinking it would be plain sailing. A leader should be prepared for adversity, take the necessary steps to avoid it - not be the cause of it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Have you seen no improvement over the years? 

I might be missing by our point, but when DC took over we mid table with a cheaply assembled squad. Entrance money was compatible to our peers. We had a manager that overall got the best out of the resources he had. 
Yes, the first two seasons were positive, but since that penalty shoot out, we have been in decline, and currently prop up the league.

Gate prices are prohibitive and the product on offer will not increase revenue. 
It’s difficult to quantify the last 4y as improvement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I might be missing by our point, but when DC took over we mid table with a cheaply assembled squad. Entrance money was compatible to our peers. We had a manager that overall got the best out of the resources he had. 
Yes, the first two seasons were positive, but since that penalty shoot out, we have been in decline, and currently prop up the league.

Gate prices are prohibitive and the product on offer will not increase revenue. 
It’s difficult to quantify the last 4y as improvement.

I think that a fair, neutral and relevant question to ask is "the Chairman says he has spent hundreds of millions of pounds on Sheffield Wednesday. In your opinion - what areas of the club in particular have improved?"

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop