THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

1 minute ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Who exactly are you complaining to in those instances?. If you complain for all those things to the companies in question directly yes, yes , yes yes. They are the ones who can actually do something about it.

Otherwise you are just shouting into the ether on twatter waiting to hear an echo.

Right. 

Like I said, good luck with it.  A company that operates in the public and with the public and takes money from the public will be open to public scrutiny, whether the public are shouting at the moon or not, whether it be online, in the media, or in the pubs and workplace.

We are not bottom of the Championship, we're in 24th place.  We didn't lose to Rotherham as such, we actually scored enough to get a point.    We didn't get 6 points deducted, we traded them in for an time-limited injection of funds.

I'll get the hang of it. 

15 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Basically dc is trying to shut down negative comments..it really is as simple as that

No he's saying you can't claim to love your club on one hand and then do potential reputational damage on the other by publicly  slagging off the very club you supposedly love. 

You've no idea who he's trying to do deals with. Whilst English businesses will take such comments as they are, i.e. inane ranting, businessmen from other honour based cultures may take a less favourably view of such language.

15 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Who exactly are you complaining to in those instances?. If you complain for all those things to the companies in question directly yes, yes , yes yes. They are the ones who can actually do something about it.

Otherwise you are just shouting into the ether on twatter waiting to hear an echo.

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 16.24.36.jpg

Can you explain this one then?

PREM clubs are set to scrap Pay Per View games for the rest of 2020.

And the experiment could be abandoned altogether as League chiefs react to a huge public backlash.

Owlstalk Shop

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I have been here almost six years, I know more than enough to talk with the ones who say they are experts and have been in quantam physics for 15 to 20 years

Sorry had to nip out thought you been here longer than that, quantum physics i find no solace in that mate.

• Love 1

Guest Therealrealist
27 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Ask Westwood then............................................doubt he'll tell you though 

A journo could havr asked dc..think westwood and dunkley are slightly more relevant than ff at the moment

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

A journo could havr asked dc..think westwood and dunkley are slightly more relevant than ff at the moment

He can't really discuss Westwoods contract/position with the press as that's confidential.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 16.24.36.jpg

Can you explain this one then?

PREM clubs are set to scrap Pay Per View games for the rest of 2020.

And the experiment could be abandoned altogether as League chiefs react to a huge public backlash.

Is there a comparison? It's difficult to say seeing as I have no idea what the backlash was.

Look. We support a club which is desperately seeking third party investment to improve our investment potential and FFP position.

Negative news from ill conceived comments or repulsive abuse may well jeopardize said investment.

If he says we lost a deal due to negative news why would you doubt it. If it's true we've all lost out.

It's not rocket science but decide what you want because our actions can have an impact.

Put it another way, if the only way to complain was to write a physical letter of complaint most of the moaners probably couldn't be arsed but technology gives people the chance to emotively spew their inane stream of consciousness on as many digital channels as possible.

i don't mind a decent discussion but some people it's just howling at the moon for the sake of it.

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

They’re totally different things to what you talked about, not different words to describe the same thing

Turns out you really are the wrong person to discuss it with

Nice attitude!

Never said they were different words to describe the same thing. I said they are all things that become a problem as a direct result of poor business operations and decisions.

Staggers me that people can still claim it’s only a minority that abuse individuals and tarnish the reputation of the club on social media, and insist it can have no ‘real’ effect on anything and anyone who doesn’t like it should just not read it 

Staggers me, time we accepted it’s an issue , and been an issue for a while and getting worse

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Staggers me that people can still claim it’s only a minority that abuse individuals and tarnish the reputation of the club on social media, and insist it can have no ‘real’ effect on anything and anyone who doesn’t like it should just not read it 

Staggers me, time we accepted it’s an issue , and been an issue for a while and getting worse

You have absolutely no facts to back that up

None

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It doesn't matter what the backlash was though does it?

People ranted on social media - the things got scrapped

And businesses lost money as a result. They have the money to soak up potential losses.

We as a club don't

We have all our eggs in one basket with DC. He's recognised that and is trying to diversify the investment streams.

It's a personal decision in the end. If people want to abuse our chairman and sole investor that's fine.

However, if we lose potential investment because comments in the public sphere give Investors cold feet due to a perceived toxic environment then we can't complain really can we....

Could write a letter I suppose......

Just now, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

And businesses lost money as a result. They have the money to soak up potential losses.

We as a club don't

We have all our eggs in one basket with DC. He's recognised that and is trying to diversify the investment streams.

It's a personal decision in the end. If people want to abuse our chairman and sole investor that's fine.

However, if we lose potential investment because comments in the public sphere give Investors cold feet due to a perceived toxic environment then we can't complain really can we....

Could write a letter I suppose......

Yeah I was more making the point that things DO change as a result of online feedback to companies - that's all 

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Nice attitude!

Never said they were different words to describe the same thing. I said they are all things that become a problem as a direct result of poor business operations and decisions.

Erm, did you forget your opening line in response to the post about reputational risk?

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah I was more making the point that things DO change as a result of online feedback to companies - that's all 

You're right of course, but the change in our case could be detrimental to us, either through lost investment or DC walking away leaving us in the mire.

Just now, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

You're right of course, but the change in our case could be detrimental to us, either through lost investment or DC walking away leaving us in the mire.

Answer to that one is simply be a better chairman, don't get us embargoes, dont' get us 12 points deducted, don't get us into trouble with FFP and the EFL, don't sell our stadium

That's always the answer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I see plenty of critisim of Chansiri here, and rightly so right now, but I havnt seen any abuse if he dosnt like criticism , tough. 

• Like 3