THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

Just now, A12owl said:

He's the Chairman of a football club and "a successful business man". He must have faced some difficult discussions. Or has he? 

No doubt he'll have had to handle difficult questions in business but I doubt the situation is the same as with all the criticism and personal abuse levelled at him on social media and in the public eye.

1 minute ago, owlmanc said:

It could be the future but we there needs to be a balance where going to the games is preferable to watching via a stream. We need all forms of income to kick on that means getting everything right from ticket prices to club shop and food at the stadium. 

Smaller grounds. More compact with lower attendances. 

Keep a solid atmosphere but introduce a more varied streaming option. 

I think something really cool and positive will come out of this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chriss said:

Or, you know.. charging more if we get to the premier league vs being in the championship exactly like it is now. 

Whats the theory?

Right, we’ve lost two games 7-0, next match is only a fiver?

Couple of wins and it’s 50 quid?

The only thing I know is it meant Diana Ross tickets close to the front - yes I'm a fogey - ended up about £400 each! Having said all that he's had that flexibility given our season ticket prices and barely used it - and when he did he moaned when people didn't turn up in the numbers he wanted. 

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I can understand why he feels like this but I expect the opposite with fans turning up in large numbers should we get the go ahead to return...people feel  deprived not bei g able to attend

I think some do but once some people have got out of the habit of paying for expensive seats then it may be very difficult to get them back in the habit.
I dont just think Wednesday will have this problem.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The only thing I know is it meant Diana Ross tickets close to the front - yes I'm a fogey - ended up about £400 each! Having said all that he's had that flexibility given our season ticket prices and barely used it - and when he did he moaned when people didn't turn up in the numbers he wanted. 

Bloody hell...£400 for the worse female singer Motown produced  !!

• Haha 2

CHANSIRI ON BRINGING PLAYERS IN WITH POINTS DEDUCTION AT THE CLUB

It has made it more difficult to recruit the players.

We expected to bring a few players at the beginning of the window. They were scared because of the deduction.

It has had an effect on players and sponsors.

It has damaged by reputation. Some people say don’t do a loophole.

I did everything legal. Everything needs to be clear. That’s my policy.

That’s why I am disappointed. This issue should not happen.

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Questioning the players mentality is really going to help the squad. 

A valid point. 

And I know we don't own or run a football club. 

But what's the difference between what DC says here and what posters online say. 

We scrutinise players down to the type of eyes they have. 😂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Fair play to him, I think his broken English makes him sound arrogant and it comes across wrong.

Ultimately he is our benefactor and has got some things wrong and is rectifying it - he’s pumped hundreds of millions in, we haven’t forced it of course, but I’m willing to judge his actions from here on

Hes agreed to an interview and telling us a lot of stuff we already knew, and he’s getting slated. 

He’s said he’ll spend in Jan if we need to, I imagine he’s given Monk more time based on a points deduction being halved that he knew was coming and to let his team ‘gel’ - I suspect he would shift him out if it doesn’t get better by Xmas. 

There is literally nothing more we/he can do now - we’ve got the team, manager, backroom staff and a club that has no income coming in and he’s propping it up. The only change he can make is to fire Monk - I don’t see that happening now, yesterday has given him more time, maybe another 10 games. 

I agree with most of what he said, the obvious one i dont is fire Monk he should have gone moths ago but it does sound like he will if this tripe continues. 

• Like 2